Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just curious. Have some balls & tell the truth. Cam Bandwagoner, Panthers fan, or Cam fan turned Panthers fan?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

id still be a panther fan even if st pierre was still under center

Posted

Born in '85 into a family full of rams fans.

Became a panthers fan in '95 because at the time I liked the uniforms better than the jags and I wanted my own team.

Missed a few games going through highschool. But I have seen EVERY game since then.

I live in Hawaii, and have never been to Charlotte to see a live game. I will one day.

I get up at 6am so I don't miss kickoff, due to the time difference.

I'm a diehard who fan who loves this franchise and if you are a fan like me then you love to see more panthers jerseys regardless of the reason.

I guess living in Hawaii I'm sick of all the steelers/niners crap everywhere, and just want some panthers fans to talk to. Lol

I hardly ever post but am always on here.

Aloha.

2 people like this

Posted

who cares what type of fan you are as long as you support the team

3 people like this

Posted

If bandwagon fans bother you, you're in for a world of pain. When the Panthers start winning people will be jumping on left and right. Most of your winningest teams are full of them...take the Patriots for example. They've had a fan base for years,in and around the Mass. area. Brady comes along,they start winning SB titles and boom, their fans are everywhere (my brothers a bandwagon Pats fan, but that's another story) and 90% of them couldn't tell you who their starting QB was, before Brady. More wins = more bandwagon fans, just the way sports go.

1 person likes this

Posted

Panthers fan turned Godot fan...wait what?

Posted

Became a Panthers fan when I went to my first game: 1999 Monday night game against Greenbay.

Hoover's big debut against the Packers when he had 100+ yards rushing and a couple TD's

Posted

Been a fan since the league announced we were going to exist.

Posted

I was a fan since moving here in 01. I was buying tickets to the empty stadium to watch us lose 15 in a row. I read this site for years before joining, mainly because I have an addictive personality and I knew I would be on here too much, same reason I am not on Facebook. I tried joining in 2010, but for some reason I never could get my authorization email, with a Beason name. Finally tried with a different email address earlier this year and got in, and as I suspected I spend too much time here.

That being said I really do not understand the "hate" towards people liking the Panthers due to Cam. That is what Jerry wanted when he agreed to draft him, someone to put the Panthers on the national radar level, which it has. Now I understand no one wants to be considered to be like the Saints* franchise which no one cheered for before they won* the SuperBowl and know nothing about football, that is annoying. That is not the case here yet. If you are upset about the fanbase growing due to Cam, wait until we win a SuberBowl and then start bitching about the influx.

I also have two Jerseys, an old Jenkins and a Beason jersey. I am more of a defensive guy than offensive. Although Chud is starting to change that.

Posted

I also try to respect the Huddle by not starting moronic posts and showing others respect - just my nature. I think a lot of the hate comes from the trolling influx who come to stir it up, but you can't let a few bad apples spoil the Huddle.

Posted

I'm such a bandwagoner that I took said wagon to a place

that I hated with every fiber in me, Clemson. Those smug bastards would not even let us put Carolina at each ends of the field.

Posted

You don't get extra cred for being a Panthers fan before Cam. You think the Colts mattered nationally before Peyton?

I realize that you are young, but the Colts were a significant team long before Manning.

Posted

I realize that you are young, but the Colts were a significant team long before Manning.

In Balimore, yes. They dropped off the face of the earth in Indy until Peyton got there. Harbaugh had that one Captain Comeback year.