Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Just curious. Have some balls & tell the truth. Cam Bandwagoner, Panthers fan, or Cam fan turned Panthers fan?

115 posts in this topic

I'm a long time Auburn fan that became a Panthers fan because of Cam. I'm not afraid to admit it. I have never had any allegiance to any NFL team. I live in south Alabama (near Mobile) where everyone is a Saints*** fan with a few Falcons guys here and there. I've always disliked the Saints*** and the dirty ass city they call home. I didn't really get into NFL when I was younger but I started watching during the 2009 postseason and now it's a full blown hobby. I tried to pick a favorite team during the beginning of the 2010 season, but that's actually a pretty hard thing to do when you didn't grow up loving a particular team.

So about halfway into the season I was just like "Fug it. I'll just see where Cam ends up and that will be my team." And I've since fallen in love with everything about this team. I followed every game last year even though, only about 4 games were televised in my area (Saints*** x2, @ Falcons and Titans). I even got to see them at the Superdome on Week 17. I've been lurking on the huddle since the postseason and this thread finally got me to post, so thanks to the OP for giving me a chance to put in my two cents.

Oh, and there's no doubt that I will continue to support this Carolina team from here on out, with or without the guy that helped bring my Auburn TIgers their first NC in over 50 years.

I can respect that DeuceBoogie. I am glad this thread got you to post. Like I said, I am just curious. To me there is really no right or wrong answer. Welcome aboard.

i'm only a panthers fan because of clausen

Haha same here Fighting Irish for the win

I'm a fan from day one but I have no problem with the new fans, hell the second most popular team in Raleigh behind the Panthers is San Diego because of Phillip Rivers. I've asked friends that root for the Chargers if they plan on switching to the Panthers after Rivers retires and they always say no, they picked San Diego and they're sticking with them. Whatever foats your boat, I guess, I've always been more a fan of the team than one guy.

Been a fan since the.beginning.

How can any Panther fan not be a Cam fan?

Proud Panthers fan since 2001, been through ups and downs, feel like i deserve a superstar QB to guide my team who gets no media coverage (here in my tiny scandinavian country) at all

This thread has been made a fug ton

Panthers fan as long as I've liked NFL. Cam coincidentally was one of my favorite NCAA players ever, and is not my favorite NFL player ever.

Charlie Ward was 1st (Florida State)

fan since day 2,573

Since Carolina played Jacksonville in the Hall of Fame game. Tyrone Poole.

I'm from England so my knowledge of this sport was minimal a few years ago, when I moved to San Diego. Living in SD, I tried following the Chargers but.. c'mon. Then I started following Cam as he was in my fantasy league.. got more and more interested, watched a lot of their games last year, and decided to pick the Panthers as my team.

Can't wait for week 15. :)

(I've only been watching for 2 full years but I'm hooked)

It was 4 or 5 days before Halloween in 1993 that I became a fan of the Carolina Panthers. I was 9 at the time, and 19 years later, I have not missed a single play (live or on TV).

Panther fan since day one.

Die hard fan since 2002.