Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Just curious. Have some balls & tell the truth. Cam Bandwagoner, Panthers fan, or Cam fan turned Panthers fan?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Honestly, originally I was a Peppers bandwagoner. Before Peppers, I was more of a general NFL fan. I just liked watching good football. I had a casual interest in the Panthers as the local team, but there was nothing there to make me a full fledged fan. As a big UNC fan, the drafting of Peppers changed that. I was all in as soon as we drafted him.

I think Peppers was great for the team. Having a legit probowler.

#62 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

I didn't really get into sports until the 2007 season (that was the season we had like 5 or 6 different QBs). I mean I remember us making it to the NFC game against Green Bay, but I was like 8 then. I was young and the sports world didn't really mean much to me. I watched the 2003 and 2005 playoffs and got really into that Rams game. I guess the Panthers have just been that team to grow on me as I got older. For some reason in 2007 I really got hooked even though that wasn't a good year for us. I went crazy in 2008 when we were winning lol.

#63 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just hope the next thing is that we can fill the stadium full of people that want to be there because they love the Panthers not for status.....

#64 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm a panther fan and obviously a cam fan at the moment. I don't mind new fans flocking to us for Cam, I'm sick of being looked down upon as being "less" of a team than the Cowboys, Steelers or Giants. Hell my girlfriend thinks I only like the Panthers because nobody knows who they are or that they "suck" (no she doesn't know anything about football, just that it causes me to scream for 3 hours straight at a television).

Look what Lebron did for the Cavs, look at them now. I'd rather people gave a damn about us rather than lump us in with the consistent losing franchises of the NFL.

#65 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Panthers fan through thick n thin. Cam just makes it surreal. Carolina...with a franchise, first in a life time type qb?

#66 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Rayz, I understand the Kumbaya-politically correct attitude, but you don't think it makes a difference whether someone is rooting for the Panthers or just Cam? What this inevitably means is that if and when Cam goes, they go. I don't think there is necessarily a right or wrong answer. I am just asking.

If we let Cam go, then I'm leaving as well, and I've been a fan since day one. If you mean when he retires a Panther, then who knows maybe we will have converted some of them by then.

#67 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,269 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Armati Edwards fan.

#68 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Haha this should be interesting.

We just gotta learn to except it though, this happens to every fan base once they get their 'franchise' player.

You're in LA & joined a few months after Cam was drafted. I smell a bandwagoneer.

#69 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Panthers fan. Started following the team closely during the 1-15 Seifert year. Got really amped when we picked up Morgan and Weinke in 2001 and then Peppers the following year. I remember cursing at Todd Steussie and Terry fuging Cousin every game with my dad, being pissed at those two guys all of the time are still my favorite memories of being a panther fan.

#70 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

You're in LA & joined a few months after Cam was drafted. I smell a bandwagoneer.

You got me SN03...

#71 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'm still a 'Day One' fan ; )

So am I, supported them since they came to the league and I was in California/Arizona back then.

It's just that some fans take it like they are superior beings because they have rooted for the team since it's inception. That just means you've enjoyed the team more than the newer fans.

A lot of them are douche bags to new fans because of this elitist thinking. Don't believe it's fair at all. If you like the team because of cam or some other player, good. The more the merrier.

#72 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Smith fan turned Panthers fan, actually. Funny how that wasn't an option. Haters.

Actually a Panthers fan. :P

#73 klbishop143

klbishop143

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest (it sucks here)

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

id still be a panther fan even if st pierre was still under center

#74 OGpantherpride

OGpantherpride

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWaialae iki, Oahu, Hawaii

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Born in '85 into a family full of rams fans.
Became a panthers fan in '95 because at the time I liked the uniforms better than the jags and I wanted my own team.
Missed a few games going through highschool. But I have seen EVERY game since then.
I live in Hawaii, and have never been to Charlotte to see a live game. I will one day.
I get up at 6am so I don't miss kickoff, due to the time difference.
I'm a diehard who fan who loves this franchise and if you are a fan like me then you love to see more panthers jerseys regardless of the reason.
I guess living in Hawaii I'm sick of all the steelers/niners crap everywhere, and just want some panthers fans to talk to. Lol
I hardly ever post but am always on here.
Aloha.

#75 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

who cares what type of fan you are as long as you support the team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com