Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Just curious. Have some balls & tell the truth. Cam Bandwagoner, Panthers fan, or Cam fan turned Panthers fan?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#76 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

If bandwagon fans bother you, you're in for a world of pain. When the Panthers start winning people will be jumping on left and right. Most of your winningest teams are full of them...take the Patriots for example. They've had a fan base for years,in and around the Mass. area. Brady comes along,they start winning SB titles and boom, their fans are everywhere (my brothers a bandwagon Pats fan, but that's another story) and 90% of them couldn't tell you who their starting QB was, before Brady. More wins = more bandwagon fans, just the way sports go.

#77 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Panthers fan turned Godot fan...wait what?

#78 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Became a Panthers fan when I went to my first game: 1999 Monday night game against Greenbay.

Hoover's big debut against the Packers when he had 100+ yards rushing and a couple TD's

#79 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Been a fan since the league announced we were going to exist.

#80 KittyLover

KittyLover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

I was a fan since moving here in 01. I was buying tickets to the empty stadium to watch us lose 15 in a row. I read this site for years before joining, mainly because I have an addictive personality and I knew I would be on here too much, same reason I am not on Facebook. I tried joining in 2010, but for some reason I never could get my authorization email, with a Beason name. Finally tried with a different email address earlier this year and got in, and as I suspected I spend too much time here.

That being said I really do not understand the "hate" towards people liking the Panthers due to Cam. That is what Jerry wanted when he agreed to draft him, someone to put the Panthers on the national radar level, which it has. Now I understand no one wants to be considered to be like the Saints* franchise which no one cheered for before they won* the SuperBowl and know nothing about football, that is annoying. That is not the case here yet. If you are upset about the fanbase growing due to Cam, wait until we win a SuberBowl and then start bitching about the influx.

I also have two Jerseys, an old Jenkins and a Beason jersey. I am more of a defensive guy than offensive. Although Chud is starting to change that.

#81 KittyLover

KittyLover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

I also try to respect the Huddle by not starting moronic posts and showing others respect - just my nature. I think a lot of the hate comes from the trolling influx who come to stir it up, but you can't let a few bad apples spoil the Huddle.

#82 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,820 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'm such a bandwagoner that I took said wagon to a place
that I hated with every fiber in me, Clemson. Those smug bastards would not even let us put Carolina at each ends of the field.

#83 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

You don't get extra cred for being a Panthers fan before Cam. You think the Colts mattered nationally before Peyton?

I realize that you are young, but the Colts were a significant team long before Manning.

#84 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,261 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I realize that you are young, but the Colts were a significant team long before Manning.

In Balimore, yes. They dropped off the face of the earth in Indy until Peyton got there. Harbaugh had that one Captain Comeback year.

#85 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Does it really matter why you are a fan? At the end of the day I like going to a bar to watch the Panthers play when it is an away game and there are more Panthers fans there than say Pittsburg, Giants fans etc.....really don't care what a persons motivation is, not my business.....

#86 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Became a fan in 1993 when I heard the state was getting a team

#87 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

who cares what type of fan you are as long as you support the team

What about a fair weather fan? To me, they are like groupies and "friends" who stay with you as long as they are getting financial benefits because of it, but when the money dries up, they dry up. Sorry, it's not cool to me. It's kind of like you laugh and smile with them, but you always have an eye on them. :P

#88 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I was 12 in 1995, and didn't watch football like I do today, and being on the west coast, only got to see them against local teams. I quickly became a fan, half because I have a ton of family in NC, and half because I like the colors (I was 12, fug off), and then my dad started taking me to every game against SF when we were in the same division. Then when I moved out on my own I'd always watch them at the sports bar, and now for the past five or so years I've had Sunday Ticket.

#89 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,476 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

I have been a fan since the beginning. Went to the games at Clemson. Still have my ticket stub for the 1st win in franchise history somewhere at the house. I also went to Auburn, so watching those games, I knew Cam was special, and actually hoped that Carolina would get the chance to draft him. I feel very lucky, that my college team won a national championship, the QB for that team won the Heisman, and then said QB gets drafted by my NFL team.

#90 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

I was 12 in 1995, and didn't watch football like I do today, and being on the west coast, only got to see them against local teams. I quickly became a fan, half because I have a ton of family in NC, and half because I like the colors (I was 12, fug off), and then my dad started taking me to every game against SF when we were in the same division. Then when I moved out on my own I'd always watch them at the sports bar, and now for the past five or so years I've had Sunday Ticket.

I love me some Sunday Ticket, it was hard trying to watch the 15 sec highlights on Sports Center........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com