• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Reggie Smith / FS #31 / 6'1 / 200 lbs
Posted Image
  • Sporting News Freshman All-Big 12 (2005)
  • Sporting News Freshman All-American (2005)
  • Second-team Coaches' All-Big 12 (2006)
  • First-team AP All-Big 12 (2006)
  • First-team Coaches' All-Big 12 (2007)
  • First-team AP All-Big 12 (2007)
  • Honorable mention Sports Illustrated All-American (2007)

Many of you already know Reggie's story. He was a stud at Oklahoma, drafted in the 3rd by the 49ers, and after three seasons of never really getting a chance he has found himself in Carolina with an opportunity to contribute to something very special.

Smith started his rookie season 3rd on the depth chart behind Dashon Goldson and Michael Lewis. Both at the time were pretty solid starters. The next season it was Taylor Mays starting and Goldson splitting time with Donte Whitner. This past season, with the emergence of Dashon Goldson, Smith once again found himself as a sub. Pretty tough trying to get a starting gig with that depth, sort of reminds me of the Mike Goodson situation.

He's got two picks in his very limited time with the niners. One of them went to the house for 6, and the other was brought back to the ten. I truly apologize for the video quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP5M5ips2CI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qJu-jVEUtk

We need guys like this forcing turnovers, putting the ball in scoring position. I think the competition is wide open coming into training camp, and in my opinion Reggie Smith has every thing it takes to be a successful starter in this league. Sherrod Martin is an absolute liability in this passing league and his days are done.

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

No way he can be any worse than what we have now. Put him in coach.

#3 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Idc if he's a stud or not, I just want him to be more reliable than our current starters. Martin in particular.

I also hope Jordan Pugh never sees the field this year.

#4 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,286 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

With it being you posting Bwood, I thought you were talking about this Reggie Smith.

Posted Image

#5 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

I went on the niners forum when we first signed him finding threads about him. And it seems he has a tackling problem like Martin.

#6 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

i love laughing at all the dumbasses around here who like to think NFL players are supposed to be perfect.

you idiots can't say one thing positive without ripping a guy who is waay more talented, athletic, and tough than any of you f-ckers.

#7 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

i love laughing at all the dumbasses around here who like to think NFL players are supposed to be perfect.

you idiots can't say one thing positive without ripping a guy who is waay more talented, athletic, and tough than any of you f-ckers.

Sherrod? Is that you?

#8 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

eh i'm pretty talented and athletic. I might even be tough.

Glad you love laughing though. Laughing is good for you.

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

So every post is supposed to be nothing but glowingly positive? What's the point of that?

We've had some of the worst safety play in the NFL now for the past couple of years. That's why we went out and signed two promising young free agents to compete back there.

#10 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I wanta see him do the dougie in a Panther uniform

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I honestly think he's going to be the starter.

This could, with an emphasis on COULD, be one of those under the radar great signing that pays huge dividends for the Panthers.

What were the 9er boards like when this guy left?

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

From what I remember they were glad to see him go. A lot of them also think Beason sucks and Cam is average.

#13 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

So every post is supposed to be nothing but glowingly positive? What's the point of that?

We've had some of the worst safety play in the NFL now for the past couple of years. That's why we went out and signed two promising young free agents to compete back there.

you argue like a woman. noone said all posts have to be positive. read it again

we have had some poor play at safety, we have had some poor play all over the defense. safety happens to be a place where most tackles are in the open field and where most casual fans notice it the most. Also the name itself, :safety" is designed to be a stopgap. Chances are that the defense has been broken down already if the play lies solely on the safety to stop.

the thread is about a guy who might, MIGHT be better than what we have. Martin is not the worst safety in the league and Pugh is not a starter. I'm just laughing at how quickly you clowns pass judgement when A, you could never dream of doing better and B, its not even necessary to do so.

In short, its easy to pick out the football fans who don't know a whole hell of a lot about the game when they constantly pick out individuals as the problem on our defense and think making fun of individuals makes them look cool in a forum. Or even better, believe that an individual at safety could ever make a defense better all by himself.

Yeah. It's funny. Thanks.

#14 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

geez and i thought the trolling had stopped.

#15 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

you argue like a woman. noone said all posts have to be positive. read it again

we have had some poor play at safety, we have had some poor play all over the defense. safety happens to be a place where most tackles are in the open field and where most casual fans notice it the most. Also the name itself, :safety" is designed to be a stopgap. Chances are that the defense has been broken down already if the play lies solely on the safety to stop.

the thread is about a guy who might, MIGHT be better than what we have. Martin is not the worst safety in the league and Pugh is not a starter. I'm just laughing at how quickly you clowns pass judgement when A, you could never dream of doing better and B, its not even necessary to do so.

In short, its easy to pick out the football fans who don't know a whole hell of a lot about the game when they constantly pick out individuals as the problem on our defense and think making fun of individuals makes them look cool in a forum. Or even better, believe that an individual at safety could ever make a defense better all by himself.

Yeah. It's funny. Thanks.

Would you rather talk about position battles or irrelevant bull poo?

Kay GTFO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com