#1 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Per Espn. No link because it came through as a push alert on my phone. Wonder how much it is for?

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,969 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Posted Image

Isn't this about what that kid collected?

#3 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Somebody that is unemployed or in IT try to find a link, I'm busy.

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,799 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

guess that lawyers $700 did the trick

#5 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,797 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

http://tinyurl.com/ccwr5nv

had to tinyurl it to get past the auto format. trust me it's not a link to goatse or ********.

edit: hahahaha so "meatsp1n" with an "i" is censored on this site

#6 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

How many god damn topics are going to be about the Saints*? Birthmark's going to play this year, regardless, and his contract will be somewhere in the range of $20 million or he's going to play for the tag. He won't sit out.

The real discussion we should be having about OTAs is the heated battle between Jimmy Clausen and the waterboy.

#7 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

go to a Saints* message board

#8 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

New Orleans Saints** general manager Mickey Loomis submitted a revised contract proposal to Drew Brees' representatives Thursday in an attempt to break the deadlocked negotiations with the Super Bowl-winning quarterback, according to a source close to the discussions.
Agent Tom Condon, who represents Brees, and Loomis have been seeking to resolve a salary difference of approximately $2 million per year. The two sides resumed a dialogue early this week after a long period of relative silence, the source said.

But another source familiar with the negotiations said the renewed talks have not created a significant breakthrough despite the Saints**' latest proposal.
Differences still remain over guaranteed money, among other details. Brees has been seeking an average salary in the $20.3 million range, and has provided mechanisms for the Saints** to lower his salary cap number during the contract term, sources said.
It is not known how much Loomis improved the team's previous offer or whether it will prove to be acceptable to Brees and his representatives, who are believed to be evaluating it.
A source close to the negotiations previously told ESPN that Brees, 33, has taken a hard stance in negotiations because he understands that this could be the final contract of his NFL career.
Brees, who broke Dan Marino's single-season passing record last season, has been the league's most prolific passer since signing with the Saints** in 2006.
With this deal, he could surpass Peyton Manning to become the NFL's highest-paid player.
Loomis has not responded to a text message seeking confirmation or comment.
The Saints** on Thursday completed mandatory minicamp that Brees was forced to miss since he is unsigned and has not accepted the franchise tender.

Meanwhile, Jeffrey Kessler, an attorney on retainer with the NFL Players Association, said Thursday that he expects a grievance hearing to be scheduled in late June with arbitrator Stephen Burbank to determine the designation of Brees' franchise tag.
The union asked Burbank last week to determine whether Brees has been hit with the franchise tag for a first or second time, because the language in the collective bargaining agreement is vague.
The Saints** placed their exclusive rights tag on Brees earlier this offseason. But his first team, the Chargers, placed the tag on Brees in 2005 after his rookie contract expired. The applicable language in the CBA says "any club that designates a player for the third time ... " The union's position is the CBA intended for a player to be franchised no more than three times, regardless of which team places the tag.

I wonder what those 'mechanisms' for lowering his salary cap number are? Aren't the Saints*** right up against the cap with Bree's $15 mil franchise tag figure? How would they sign him at $20 mil a year without cutting fools?

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Wonder how much it is for?

Posted Image

#10 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,797 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

I wonder what those 'mechanisms' for lowering his salary cap number are? Aren't the Saints***** right up against the cap with Bree's $15 mil franchise tag figure? How would they sign him at $20 mil a year without cutting fools?

monster signing bonus and backloading the contract i guess.

it seems like the Saints*** were banking on a big cap ceiling increase in the coming years when they went on their signing spree earlier in the offseason. then the news started coming out of the owners' meetings that it was unlikely to happen.

#11 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

#12 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

How many god damn topics are going to be about the Saints**? Birthmark's going to play this year, regardless, and his contract will be somewhere in the range of $20 million or he's going to play for the tag. He won't sit out.

Lol whatevs

#13 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Somebody that is unemployed or in IT try to find a link, I'm busy.

LOL

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,871 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Typically organizations don't do a press release for a contract offer.

The Saints** are getting desperate and hope that making an offer public will make them seem like the good guys. That they're making a genuine effort.

They are hoping that this publicity will pressure brees into signing because he won't want to look like the bad guy.

#15 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Lol whatevs

Whatevs to what? I've seen enough Saints* topics and jokes in this forum with asterisks to last a lifetime. At this point I'd rather see someone make an Aaron Kampman topic or ask again if Cam is going to leave us in a few years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com