- - - - -

Aaron Kampman?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

10 year vet Aaron Kampman was released by the Jaguars today.

Any chance we bring him in for depth and leadership? I feel like we could use another older guy to help out with our younger defensive linemen.

#2 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

this might be the first time I've seen one of these threads and thought "hmmmm.....maybe"

#3 Iamnotanewb

Iamnotanewb

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

csx, if I could pie or like you would have gotten one or the other. I do agree that this may be one of those worth looking into.

#4 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Him or Andre Carter!

#5 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Make it happen Hurney

#6 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,912 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Apparently he's injured often...Why would we want him?

#7 Untouchable

Untouchable

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

No thanks, already have a vet in Big Money

#8 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Apparently he's injured often...Why would we want him?

Well obviously don't sign him if he's currently injured. But if he's healthy I think he could contribute on the field backing up Charles Johnson and he could definitely be important to have in the locker room.

We lack defensive captains. This team is young and our defensive line is especially young.

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,912 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

The Jaguars released the veteran pass rusher Thursday, five days before the start of a mandatory, three-day minicamp.
Kampman has missed 28 games over the last three seasons while playing for Jacksonville and Green Bay, including 13 last year. He had 57 tackles and four sacks in 11 games during his two seasons with the Jaguars.
He sat out all of organized team activities last month while recovering from a second surgery on his right knee.

Do not want. Rather have Carter over this guy. Just my opinion though.

#10 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah in that case I would pass on him. We need to be injury free this season.

Veteran leadership on this defense is essential though, and I don't know if we have it yet.

#11 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

jesus what happened to him? I remember he was one of the best DEs in the league in GB and has been basically injured since then.

if hes healthy and willing to play for peanuts bring him in for a look. otherwise just hope some of our youngsters step it up.

#12 Iamnotanewb

Iamnotanewb

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well that didn't take long. Someone shoots down my giddy for no apparent reason other than to squash my dream of Kampman. I always liked his motor and skill set. Seems like that motor got the better of him. Too bad for me I guess.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever. But hell, that was what? Less than 10 minutes? Com' on man.

#13 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Well that didn't take long. Someone shoots down my giddy for no apparent reason other than to squash my dream of Kampman. I always liked his motor and skill set. Seems like that motor got the better of him. Too bad for me I guess.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever. But hell, that was what? Less than 10 minutes? Com' on man.

Welcome to the beautiful life of being a Carolina Panther fan.

#14 Iamnotanewb

Iamnotanewb

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Welcome to the beautiful life of being a Carolina Panther fan.

You may have overdone it with that beautiful comment. It can all be fun and games. Until someone has to bum my giddy. That is when it get cereal. Someone is gonna have to pay for this. Not exactly sure how to go about doing it, but I can get it done I tell ya what.

#15 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

You may have overdone it with that beautiful comment. It can all be fun and games. Until someone has to bum my giddy. That is when it get cereal. Someone is gonna have to pay for this. Not exactly sure how to go about doing it, but I can get it done I tell ya what.

lolwut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com