31 replies to this topic

#1 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

kind of reminds me of [former Panther safety] Chris Harris but with a lot more ability.

Read more here: http://scottfowlerob...l#storylink=cpy

also nice to see Beason is feeling great.

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,814 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

if he can be a chris harris with pass covering ability we will look pretty damn good this year in the secondary.

#3 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

This is the type of news I want to hear, hopefully he picked up a lot while backing up Ed Reed.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,639 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hits like Chris Harris but can actually cover the pass?

Yes please

#5 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

This is the type of news I want to hear, hopefully he picked up a lot while backing up Ed Reed.

this is also what i'd like to hear. for all we know nakamura is a pro bowl caliber safety (although probably not that good). it doesnt matter how good u are, ur not going to unseat reed from his starter position.

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Id love a chris Harris with better cover skills, maybe he reminds him of chris Harris because he's wearing the same number he did when he was in Carolina lol

#7 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hits like Chris Harris but can actually cover the pass?

Yes please

I dont think they are doing any hitting yet.

#8 Iamnotanewb

Iamnotanewb

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I do not want to cause a stir. But, if these practices are non contact. How can you tell what ability he truly does possess? I can see on his coverage skills, and how quickly he reads plays and such. But we still do not know if he can do the physical stuff.

I do hope he can bring some talent and attitude to the position. Would be nice not to have to worry about our Safety position.

#9 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I dunno if Beason meant hitting-wise because we don't illegally hit here in Carolina. I hope he can though, that would help our secondary 100%

#10 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

They still have tackling drills of sorts, hitting sleds and body bag-like cones. i'm sure from just things like that u can tell a guy is able to make big hits.

i been listening to bucky brooks' podcast lately and he was talking about how when you get a guy into OTA's you can immediately tell if the player is going to be able to contribute in some way or is a total bust (he was referring to rookies in particular, but i'm sure any new comers to a franchise apply here). could be a particular aspect of his tackling form that beason likes. nakamura is a special teams stud so it wouldnt surprise me if he actually wraps guys up consistently rather than those awful shoulder tackles alot of NFL players in the secondary dish out.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

I dont think they are doing any hitting yet.

True

#12 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Sure hope he works out for us. In reading about him he is the type of guy that you love to cheer for!!! Beat a bunch of odds just to be in NFL and sure hope he can help our secondary don't think he can hurt it much.

- Linebacker Jon Beason looked strong in his limited work and told me afterward, jokingly, he feels "150 percent, maybe 149."

-- I will be writing about Haruki Nakamura, who is competing for a starting safety job against Sherrod Martin and others, for Friday's newspaper and online. Beason told me that Nakamura "kind of reminds me of [former Panther safety] Chris Harris but with a lot more ability."

Fun fact about Nakamura: he was a national judo champ in the junior division as a kid.

Read more here: http://scottfowlerob...y#storylink=cpy

#13 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,069 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

If Beason is saying it, I believe it.

#14 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

So Nakamura likes to bitch and whine on Twitter?

#15 Untouchable

Untouchable

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

No doubt he can get people to the ground with his Judo background and that is strong praise from Beason. I wonder if he can unseat Martin though. Now that Rivera has the Secondary coach he wants in Wilks and everyone on the same page with a full offseason, I expect both our starting safeties to bounce back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com