Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA Playoffs Rd 2: Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Who will win?   16 votes

1. 1. Who will win?

• Houston Rockets
    • Los Angeles Lakers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Posted

That sucks for Yao, you could see how much pain he is in. Regular season I think they need to limit him to like 20 minutes a game, his body just won't hold up for the grind. :(

Simmons was kind of touching on this on his BS report yesterday, about how most guys that tall crap out around their late 20's, with Kareem being the exception. I don't think you need to go that far. The wear of the Olympics and the season was probably too much.

Posted

b9d816a03a15271153a969257dd8f522-getty-86316908adb027_lakers_rockets.jpg

Rockets tie series 2-2

Behind point guard Aaron Brook's 34 points, the Rockets SMASHED LA today. LA only had 50 points with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter!!! Kobe struggled today, took 17 shots, but only scored 15 points. I still like the Lakers to take this series, but their weaknesses are being exposed. Their bench is not playing very strong right now and guys are not knocking down shots. No way should LA have been blown out in the manner they were today with Yao Ming not playing.

Posted

Behind point guard Aaron Brook's 34 points, the Rockets SMASHED LA today. LA only had 50 points with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter!!! Kobe struggled today, took 17 shots, but only scored 15 points. I still like the Lakers to take this series, but their weaknesses are being exposed. Their bench is not playing very strong right now and guys are not knocking down shots. No way should LA have been blown out in the manner they were today with Yao Ming not playing.

Yep, the little bit I watched was sickening. Take nothing for granted in basketball, next game the Lakers could look like a juggernaut again.

The Cavs look good but so far they haven't played anyone.

Posted

Yeah, but the Cavs are beating no ones, not getting drilled off the court by them.

Posted

Posted

Artest gets a bad rap but he's actually a very good defender and a very intense player. He gets some really shitty calls from the refs just cause he's Ron Artest. People don't realize he's calmed down a LOT since the fights.

Posted

Convincing 40 point ass whoopin' of the Rockets tonight. Who knows which teams will show up game 6.

8b75054aae8c201b992b97b912ea397d-getty-86316831mw007_houston_rocke.jpg

Posted

C'mon Lake, game 6, let's finish these rockets. Here's to Kobe Bean draining shots in the hoop all friggin game tonight.

Posted

They're goin 7

Posted

1738f86e02d4ba5e6aa69b2f224883ea-getty-86316921adb008_lakers_rockets.jpg

Rockets force Game 7!!!

Lake Show gave up the ass again tonight. Aaron Brooks continued to run wild and light up the Lakers PG's. Rockets opened the game with a 23-1 lead behind Luis Scola's 24 point 12 rebound performance tonight. Game 7 will be in Staples on Sunday. Be honest Laker fans, the Lake Show dont look championship caliber this year.

Posted

bynum.jpg

Andrew Bynum 19 minutes, 0 points tonight. I used to think this guy was a poor man's Brendan Haywood, but the way he's playing right now I wouldnt even consider him that. Absolute NON FACTOR this playoffs.

Posted

Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinal series between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets was the most watched basketball game ever on ESPN.

The Rockets’ 95-80 victory on Thursday drew 7.35 million viewers, topping the 6.6 million that watched Miami beat Detroit in Game 6 of the 2006 Eastern Conference finals.

The game earned a 5.4 national rating and a 16.0 rating in Houston, ESPN’s highest local rating for an NBA telecast. ESPN’s audience for its six conference semifinal games is up 16 percent from last year.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program, while the share is the percentage of all TVs in use at the time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnLljctFp6FnUHYWJ6vYsEDqxLsF?slug=ap-rockets-lakersratings&prov=ap&type=lgns