Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Griffin vs Newton

157 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't worry guys, Kirk Cousins will take over. Happened the last time he was behind an athletic/fast QB with a strong arm; just line RG3 up out wide for KC to throw to ;).

Posted

Didn't Jimmy split Steve Smith's hand in practice last year? So Jimmy got a stronger arm than RG3sus <<<that is hilarious by the way).... We should trade Jimmy to back up RG3sus......

LOL, was waiting for someone to pick up on the "RG3sus" comment.

Cam did that, threw the ball so hard it split the skin between Smitty's ring and middle finger... but I didn't make national headlines because Cam wasn't playing for an NFC East team.

Posted

BTW, the glove splitting article says:

"This is what #RG3 and #Kirk (Cousins) did to my glove."

LOL, so after catching a ton of balls from both QB's his gloves split... OOOOHHHH AAAAHHHH

We might as well go ahead and fit RG3 for his yellow jacket now.

Posted

I'm not hating on RG3, I'm hating on the RG3 hype (which isn't doing him any favors).

Last year it was all about what Cam couldn't do... now that Cam did what he did, it's all about what RG3 can do.

INTERESTING.

Cam's got hype too. He had oodles more hate than RG3 but he had plenty of hype. Just like The Golden Calf of Bristol it's not RG3's fault that the media hypes him up. I couldn't stand the The Golden Calf of Bristol hype because he's such a terrible QB. But RG3 may be able to do what Cam has done. His skinny base makes me nervous though.

Posted

While we're on the subject, anyone else find it funny that the Redskins believe in RG3 so much that they drafted another QB in the 4th round?

They gave up a lot to get into position to take RG3, but on a team with so many other needs they clearly hedged that bet with the 4th round pick.

"Hey RG3, it's great to have you... you're the future of this franchise... oh by the way this is Kirk Cousins, he's the QB we drafted 3 rounds after you, you know... just in case you sh*t the bed."

Posted

Autually when you look at the Redskins weaknesses and take into account who was available Kirk Cousins made all the sense in the world. Look i'm sorry the the national media has taken a liking to RG3 and yall feel left out or slighted for some reason. But some players are more popular and well liked than others. It Happens.

Posted

Autually when you look at the Redskins weaknesses and take into account who was available Kirk Cousins made all the sense in the world. Look i'm sorry the the national media has taken a liking to RG3 and yall feel left out or slighted for some reason. But some players are more popular and well liked than others. It Happens.

When you look at the Skins myriad of weaknesses, drafting another QB in the 4th round when you just drafted a QB that cost you 3 first round picks makes absolutely no sense.

Don't feel sighted at all, Cam's accomplishments speak for themselves... no need for hype.

RG3 can win popularity contests while Cam wins SB's.

Posted

That's fine, ask all the execs and scouts what they think of RG3 vs Cam, and you wouldnt find a single one, even in Washington, that would take him over Cam. Enjoy your pale imitation QB, though.

Posted

When you look at the Skins myriad of weaknesses, drafting another QB in the 4th round when you just drafted a QB that cost you 3 first round picks makes absolutely no sense.

Don't feel sighted at all, Cam's accomplishments speak for themselves... no need for hype.

RG3 can win popularity contests while Cam wins SB's.

Agree that drafting Cousins was a hard to understand move. Made the Skins look a bit crazy. As for the comparison between Cam and RG3...don't think you can really compare until RG3 has played his rookie season. And...I really do not care what he(RG3) does.

And while I hope Cam helps bring this team SB wins, that has not happened yet.

Posted

In spite of urban legend to the contrary, it was in fact Jimmy Clausen that split Smitty's glove.

Source? Steve said it himself during an interview last year. He had to stay idle for a couple of practices to let it heal.

Posted

Cam's success last year was so exceptional in large part BECAUSE of the long track record of spread-option QB's failing miserably at the NFL level. Now that Cam did what he did, everyone assumes that the league has somehow changed and now spread-option QB's can be successful, so everyone is looking for the next Cam while ignoring the fact that Cam is a HUGE exception thus far.

I wish more people got this sort of thing.

One QB breaks a trend and "the game has changed" whether for positive or negative.

Nobody ever seems to get that there are exceptions to the rules.

1 person likes this

Posted

Griffin is closer related to Vick, while Cam is closer related to ummmm Cam!