Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Griffin vs Newton

157 posts in this topic

cam to whom rg3 is always compared...just like any young QB who happens to be solid at both passing and running the ball.

No RG3 will be compared to Luck while Cam will be compared to Andy Dalton.

No he's not Mr. Scot. Having a slighly stronger arm does not make you a better passer. GR3's accuracy is off the charts plus he has a rocket of an arm as well. I would put RG3's skills against Cam's anyday. The only thing Cam has over Griffin is size and strength. but its not like Giffin is a pipsqueak.

BlackPanther's post was compared Newton to Vince Young and Donovan McNabb, not Griffin.

As far as Griffin's passing skills, he hasn't thrown a pass in the pros yet, so for good or bad, we're all going off college and projecting.

Even phenomenal college numbers don't always translate to NFL success. Just ask Colt Brennan, Timmy Chang or Tim Couch.

No he's not Mr. Scot. Having a slighly stronger arm does not make you a better passer. GR3's accuracy is off the charts plus he has a rocket of an arm as well. I would put RG3's skills against Cam's anyday.

Every QB looks great when he's throwing against the Big XII...

I also like how shanahan wants RG3 to be in the mold of elway and not vick.

Cam Newton .............Faster than a speeding bullet More Powerful than a Locomotive . Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound........ What has RG 111 proven?

hey that's a pretty sweet story grits. let's post some articles about what robert griffin has done in the NFL.

here, i'll start:

2 people like this

Cam Newton .............Faster than a speeding bullet More Powerful than a Locomotive . Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound........ What has RG 111 proven?

He's proven he is a great athlete.

Nobody tried to compare him to Newton until our own started to perceive Griffin discussion as slight on Newton.

No he's not Mr. Scot. Having a slighly stronger arm does not make you a better passer. GR3's accuracy is off the charts plus he has a rocket of an arm as well. I would put RG3's skills against Cam's anyday. The only thing Cam has over Griffin is size and strength. but its not like Giffin is a pipsqueak.

That's interesting, the rumblings out of Redskins camp so far is that your wonder boy is having some trouble throwing with anticipation, and his best plays have all involved his legs.

w

hey that's a pretty sweet story grits. let's post some articles about what robert griffin has done in the NFL.

here, i'll start:

Well if thats the case than maybe Mr. Scot should have saved this topic til after the season....