• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

I see Griffin in the mold of Cunningham....who in my mind is the original "Vick". Cunningham did have prototypical height too.

Griffin threw for over 4K yards and over 70% completion rate and was an accomplished passer.. Vick never sniffed those numbers.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

rg3 is a great athlete who also plays football pretty well.

cam is a great football player who is abnormally athletic.

subtle differences.

both will be revolutionizing the position to an extent, but it was cam who set the bar and it will be cam to whom rg3 is always compared...just like any young QB who happens to be solid at both passing and running the ball.

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,780 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

rg3 is a great athlete who also plays football pretty well.

cam is a great football player who is abnormally athletic.

subtle differences.

both will be revolutionizing the position to an extent, but it was cam who set the bar and it will be cam to whom rg3 is always compared...just like any young QB who happens to be solid at both passing and running the ball.

So subtle that a lot of people don't seem to get them, sadly.

#19 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Why is that sad?

I think it's silly to say Griffin is a good athlete who plays football well. What does that really mean?

#20 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Newton's a better passer than either one.

No he's not Mr. Scot. Having a slighly stronger arm does not make you a better passer. GR3's accuracy is off the charts plus he has a rocket of an arm as well. I would put RG3's skills against Cam's anyday. The only thing Cam has over Griffin is size and strength. but its not like Giffin is a pipsqueak.

#21 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

cam to whom rg3 is always compared...just like any young QB who happens to be solid at both passing and running the ball.

No RG3 will be compared to Luck while Cam will be compared to Andy Dalton.

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,780 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

No he's not Mr. Scot. Having a slighly stronger arm does not make you a better passer. GR3's accuracy is off the charts plus he has a rocket of an arm as well. I would put RG3's skills against Cam's anyday. The only thing Cam has over Griffin is size and strength. but its not like Giffin is a pipsqueak.

BlackPanther's post was compared Newton to Vince Young and Donovan McNabb, not Griffin.

As far as Griffin's passing skills, he hasn't thrown a pass in the pros yet, so for good or bad, we're all going off college and projecting.

Even phenomenal college numbers don't always translate to NFL success. Just ask Colt Brennan, Timmy Chang or Tim Couch.

#23 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

No he's not Mr. Scot. Having a slighly stronger arm does not make you a better passer. GR3's accuracy is off the charts plus he has a rocket of an arm as well. I would put RG3's skills against Cam's anyday.

Every QB looks great when he's throwing against the Big XII...

#24 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

I also like how shanahan wants RG3 to be in the mold of elway and not vick.

#25 Stickman2

Stickman2

SUPER FAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Cam Newton .............Faster than a speeding bullet More Powerful than a Locomotive . Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound........ What has RG 111 proven?

#26 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

http://sports.yahoo....skins-camp.html

#27 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

hey that's a pretty sweet story grits. let's post some articles about what robert griffin has done in the NFL.

here, i'll start:

#28 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Cam Newton .............Faster than a speeding bullet More Powerful than a Locomotive . Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound........ What has RG 111 proven?

He's proven he is a great athlete.

Nobody tried to compare him to Newton until our own started to perceive Griffin discussion as slight on Newton.

#29 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,874 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

That's interesting, the rumblings out of Redskins camp so far is that your wonder boy is having some trouble throwing with anticipation, and his best plays have all involved his legs.

#30 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

w

hey that's a pretty sweet story grits. let's post some articles about what robert griffin has done in the NFL.

here, i'll start:

Well if thats the case than maybe Mr. Scot should have saved this topic til after the season....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.