Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rudy Gay?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Also, if they can take Diop's contract for Gay then I am down, otherwise I would say no.

Posted

of course the grizz will say they are not interested in moving gay, thats why there 5 teams are rumored in trade talks for him? its a game, if everyone knows you want to move him the price goes down....

i think the tyreke evans and 5 for #2 is way too much for them to give up... no way we get that deal

Posted

Michael didn't draft Ammo

http://sports.yahoo....-002217902.html

He might not have had total control but he signed off on the pick. Now I still think it was a marketing Move by Bob Johnson "Great White Hope" thing and Jordan didn't have the power to veto the pick. But I know he didn't fight against it hard enough.

Posted

Also, the Bobcats need to quit giving out dumb ass contracts. We got screwed with Emeka Okafor but we were able to trade him, but then we go right around and give TNT a huge contract. So stupid.

They also need to quit trading for huge contracts, i.e. Giop, Maggette.

This is one reason I am nervous about the Gay trade. However, I believe he would be a 20 point per game guy with Charlotte so I could probably be okay with us trading for Gay as long as the Grizzlies take Diop along with the 2nd pick and also give us their 25th pick and we can take Jeffery Taylor with the 25th pick and Tony Wroten with our 2nd round pick then sign Kamen, Mahinmi, Dooling, and Jamison.

PG- Kemba Walker, Tony Wroten, Keyon Dooling

SG- Gerald Henderson, Reggie Williams, Matt Carroll

SF- Rudy Gay, Jeffery Taylor, Derrick Brown

PF- Antawn Jamison, Bismack Biyombo, Tyrus Thomas

C- Chris Kamen, Byron Mullens, Ian Mahinmi

This team could win a few more games than last years lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Because Gay is a better player.

You all do realize I expected you to respond exactly the way you all responded, don't you?

Posted

inb4 "not gonna buy a Gay jersey"

well suck for you. I will if it happens.

keep wearing that morrison jersey then.

Posted

No thanks to Rudy Gay. We don't need to take on any huge contracts. Plus, like it was said above; the Cubbies play better ball with him on the bench. It's not worth taking on his contract if he's not going to be elite. Let's continue to build through the draft, and use our expirings and expanding free agent money to get something better. Plus, im still a lil salty about him when he made those comments about our squad to biyombo lol

Rudy is not elite?

And people still complaining when there's a rumor to where we could land a star?

I'll take that contract. What's the point of having a lot of cap space when you cant attract any star player?

Rudy would never come play here if its not by a trade, so when you can land a player like Gay, shi* you do it.

Posted

dj not under contract... cant trade him (and he isnt really good enough to warrant a sign/trade), Hornets are loking to move the 10th pick to drop okafor or ariza contract... so if we took okafor then we could possibly get that pick, but otherwise they are not trading that pick 10.

would anyone mind if we were to trade with the Hornets and bring Okafor back so we could land that no.10 pick?

or am I the only knucklehead here?

IMO, I'll do it. People in here wants that big man, so why not go and bring back our very own big man. But, only if hes healthy enough.Okafor is due to make 28 mill over the two years. That would be a cap space of 14 mil a year right? We have enough space to make it happen. What's the point of having huge cap space when you can't bring in any real star here. Mind as well use it on something like Okafor. And with the No.2 pick, take Kidd-Glichrist or Beal, and our lineup would instantly upgrade.

PG: DJ/Kemba

SG: Henderson

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist

PF: Biyombo

C: Okafor/Mullens

anyone?

Posted

would anyone mind if we were to trade with the Hornets and bring Okafor back so we could land that no.10 pick?

IMO, I'll do it. People in here wants that big man, so why not go and bring back our very own big man. But, only if hes healthy enough.Okafor is due to make 28 mill over the two years. That would be a cap space of 14 mil a year right? We have enough space to make it happen. What's the point of having huge cap space when you can't bring in any real star here. Mind as well use it on something like Okafor. And with the No.2 pick, take Kidd-Glichrist or Beal, and our lineup would instantly upgrade.

anyone?

So now you have a 2 and 3 that can't shoot (and a developing 4). Congratulations. You still can't score.

Opposing teams with a good point guard will destroy that lineup, because neither Augustin or Walker are great defenders (undersized).

I'm starting to get it. Some of you love "Kidd-Gilchrist" just because you like saying the name. It's DIFFERENT and flashy.

Posted

anyone?

Yes, Okafor's contract still sucks and he is not a game changer. There is a reason we got rid of him in the first place.

Posted

So now you have a 2 and 3 that can't shoot (and a developing 4). Congratulations. You still can't score.

Opposing teams with a good point guard will destroy that lineup, because neither Augustin or Walker are great defenders (undersized).

I'm starting to get it. Some of you love "Kidd-Gilchrist" just because you like saying the name. It's DIFFERENT and flashy.

dude shut up already. you post some of the most stupid sh*t ever.

Posted

Rudy Gay is making superstar money, but isn't a superstar. No way is he worth taking on, keep rebuilding like the Thunder did.

1 person likes this