Photo
- - - - -

Rudy Gay?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

No thanks to Rudy Gay. We don't need to take on any huge contracts. Plus, like it was said above; the Cubbies play better ball with him on the bench. It's not worth taking on his contract if he's not going to be elite. Let's continue to build through the draft, and use our expirings and expanding free agent money to get something better. Plus, im still a lil salty about him when he made those comments about our squad to biyombo lol

Rudy is not elite?
And people still complaining when there's a rumor to where we could land a star?

I'll take that contract. What's the point of having a lot of cap space when you cant attract any star player?
Rudy would never come play here if its not by a trade, so when you can land a player like Gay, shi* you do it.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

dj not under contract... cant trade him (and he isnt really good enough to warrant a sign/trade), Hornets are loking to move the 10th pick to drop okafor or ariza contract... so if we took okafor then we could possibly get that pick, but otherwise they are not trading that pick 10.

would anyone mind if we were to trade with the Hornets and bring Okafor back so we could land that no.10 pick?
or am I the only knucklehead here?
IMO, I'll do it. People in here wants that big man, so why not go and bring back our very own big man. But, only if hes healthy enough.Okafor is due to make 28 mill over the two years. That would be a cap space of 14 mil a year right? We have enough space to make it happen. What's the point of having huge cap space when you can't bring in any real star here. Mind as well use it on something like Okafor. And with the No.2 pick, take Kidd-Glichrist or Beal, and our lineup would instantly upgrade.

PG: DJ/Kemba
SG: Henderson
SF: Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Biyombo
C: Okafor/Mullens

anyone?

#33 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

would anyone mind if we were to trade with the Hornets and bring Okafor back so we could land that no.10 pick?
IMO, I'll do it. People in here wants that big man, so why not go and bring back our very own big man. But, only if hes healthy enough.Okafor is due to make 28 mill over the two years. That would be a cap space of 14 mil a year right? We have enough space to make it happen. What's the point of having huge cap space when you can't bring in any real star here. Mind as well use it on something like Okafor. And with the No.2 pick, take Kidd-Glichrist or Beal, and our lineup would instantly upgrade.

anyone?

So now you have a 2 and 3 that can't shoot (and a developing 4). Congratulations. You still can't score.

Opposing teams with a good point guard will destroy that lineup, because neither Augustin or Walker are great defenders (undersized).

I'm starting to get it. Some of you love "Kidd-Gilchrist" just because you like saying the name. It's DIFFERENT and flashy.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

anyone?

Yes, Okafor's contract still sucks and he is not a game changer. There is a reason we got rid of him in the first place.

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

So now you have a 2 and 3 that can't shoot (and a developing 4). Congratulations. You still can't score.

Opposing teams with a good point guard will destroy that lineup, because neither Augustin or Walker are great defenders (undersized).

I'm starting to get it. Some of you love "Kidd-Gilchrist" just because you like saying the name. It's DIFFERENT and flashy.

dude shut up already. you post some of the most stupid sh*t ever.

#36 Hate

Hate

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Rudy Gay is making superstar money, but isn't a superstar. No way is he worth taking on, keep rebuilding like the Thunder did.

#37 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

I understand Gay is getting paid... But he is better than anyone at 2.

Id do it in a heartbeat. He gives the team a faint pulse but I would like to see a few moves with this.

#38 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

I would not take on that contract. Just hope they can get the pick right in the draft with the number 2. I would do another trade if it involved an all star type young player with not as bad of contract and we got that team's first round pick. I just want to trade away Tyrus Thomas and the rest of the garbage on the team.

#39 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

No Gay. Build through the draft and take on some short term bad contracts if they come with draft picks. Pray someone becomes a star and is marketable

#40 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

No Gay. Build through the draft and take on some short term bad contracts if they come with draft picks. Pray someone becomes a star and is marketable

This.
Don't want to take on any contracts that will cripple us in the future. Rudy Gay is not a superstar

#41 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

dude shut up already. you post some of the most stupid sh*t ever.

Anything you're not used to hearing is "stupid." You fail to realize you're simply assigning your stupidity to whatever you're not used to, so get over yourself.

#42 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I would rather the Bob's build through Free Agency and the draft tbh...Think about it, if Barnes became a big time scorer, you could build around him with some role players and vets..maybe next draft if we're bad enough we could get a solid PG in the draft or dominant C

#43 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

They can't build through free agency since no stars will come here. The Cats star will have to come via the draft. Role players can be had through free agency though.

#44 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

HUDDLER

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

inb4 "not gonna buy a Gay jersey"

Remember when Memphis drafted Kevin Love and traded his rights for OJ Mayo (bet they regret that).

They robbed us of the "Gay-Love era"!