Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap Room Update....We're $8+ million under the cap

31 posts in this topic

Posted

If anyone is following his tweets... He is done! Just found out he is having a daughter apparently.

Oh, wow. I guess that settles that.

Posted

If anyone is following his tweets... He is done! Just found out he is having a daughter apparently.

Well, I guess that makes me Nostradumbass.

Posted

Put me in the camp for saving it (unless someone really good comes available at the right price).

If we sign Shock, it probably won't be for more than 2 to 2.5 million.

Next year, DWills's number goes down a bit, but CJ's goes up iirc.

As to Gross, I don't think we ever restructured him. There was talk about it, but I never saw anything published.

So if necessary, we could probably redo him and Gamble next year to free up more space.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/33433/carolinas-greg-olsen-restructured-deal

This too. There's been plenty of restructuring going around. Couldn't find Gross deal but I'm sure I read it somewhere that he did restructure his deal.

Posted

The Panthers need some INSURANCE at linebacker or cornerback, in case Beason can't fully come back, because Davis is done. One more proven Linebacker wouldn't be bad. I'd be more confident about their chances this season.

Posted

Cap talk is kinda like talking about the weather...nobody really knows jack about how and why it works...

Posted

http://espn.go.com/b...structured-deal

This too. There's been plenty of restructuring going around. Couldn't find Gross deal but I'm sure I read it somewhere that he did restructure his deal.

I had totally forgotten about Olsen, but you're right.

As to Gross, although there was a lot of talk about it, I'm not sure it ever happened. Last year, he did a slight re-work to remove a ST bonus, but everywhere I look, they still show him carrying a $8.5 million dollar base this year and $800,000 or so in pro-rated bonus. Obviously, with that high a base salary and relatively small bonus charge, he is a prime candidate to get reworked.

Posted

Lets see what is leftover at the end of the season. They need to declare how much they will roll over 2 weeks before the next salary year begins. I don't know why it automatically doesn't roll over or why a team wouldn't roll over the total amount but apparently they have to declare it in writing or it doesn't roll over.