maybe throw a little more at Shockey?

no

#18 TuckerMax25

TuckerMax25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

That should be more than enough for Stew. But next year the cap is looking bad already.

Every year people freak about our cap n every year your wrong. Relax

#19 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yea, I have a feeling they're going to let this $8mil slide over to next year. They might extend Stewart, I really hope they do, but they might just let him play this year, let the $8mil count toward next year (or use it for an emergency signing mid-season if necessary) and then next year either franchise or resign Stewart after reworking Deangelo's contract.

This. Wish we could get Shockey but I doubt it's going to get done.

#20 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,636 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Every year people freak about our cap n every year your wrong. Relax

I don't know where out of my post, you'd come up with the notion that I'm freaking out about the cap. I stated the painfully obvious. This year the Cap was pretty bad as well, only by cutting a guy that you owed 5 mill and then getting another million from the league and restructuring Gross and Smitty, did the team get under the cap. It's not even that much under 8 million isn't big money.

It would be nice to have 15-20 million under the cap to sign free agents next year or keep the ones that have potential to walk, Stewart being an example. Or to just extend players before their last year of play.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Put me in the camp for saving it (unless someone really good comes available at the right price).

If we sign Shock, it probably won't be for more than 2 to 2.5 million.

Next year, DWills's number goes down a bit, but CJ's goes up iirc.

As to Gross, I don't think we ever restructured him. There was talk about it, but I never saw anything published.

So if necessary, we could probably redo him and Gamble next year to free up more space.

#22 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Shock is practicing making babies, he ain't coming back. Let him go. Keep the $$ for next year. Hell, figure out a way to use it to extend Cam in 2014 to a contract that goes through 2036.

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,807 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Shock is practicing making babies, he ain't coming back. Let him go. Keep the $$ for next year. Hell, figure out a way to use it to extend Cam in 2014 to a contract that goes through 2036.

If anyone is following his tweets... He is done! Just found out he is having a daughter apparently.

#24 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

You can play football and make/have babies at the same time. Ask Janoris Jenkins.

#25 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

If anyone is following his tweets... He is done! Just found out he is having a daughter apparently.

Oh, wow. I guess that settles that.

I hope we see more of this next year.

#26 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Well, I guess that makes me Nostradumbass.

#27 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,636 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Put me in the camp for saving it (unless someone really good comes available at the right price).

If we sign Shock, it probably won't be for more than 2 to 2.5 million.

Next year, DWills's number goes down a bit, but CJ's goes up iirc.

As to Gross, I don't think we ever restructured him. There was talk about it, but I never saw anything published.

So if necessary, we could probably redo him and Gamble next year to free up more space.

http://espn.go.com/b...structured-deal

This too. There's been plenty of restructuring going around. Couldn't find Gross deal but I'm sure I read it somewhere that he did restructure his deal.

#28 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

The Panthers need some INSURANCE at linebacker or cornerback, in case Beason can't fully come back, because Davis is done. One more proven Linebacker wouldn't be bad. I'd be more confident about their chances this season.

#29 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Cap talk is kinda like talking about the weather...nobody really knows jack about how and why it works...

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...structured-deal

This too. There's been plenty of restructuring going around. Couldn't find Gross deal but I'm sure I read it somewhere that he did restructure his deal.

I had totally forgotten about Olsen, but you're right.

As to Gross, although there was a lot of talk about it, I'm not sure it ever happened. Last year, he did a slight re-work to remove a ST bonus, but everywhere I look, they still show him carrying a $8.5 million dollar base this year and $800,000 or so in pro-rated bonus. Obviously, with that high a base salary and relatively small bonus charge, he is a prime candidate to get reworked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.