Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

2012 NBA Finals: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Miami Heat

miami okc durant lebron wade westbrook harden bosh scott brooks erik spoelstra

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

Poll: NBA Finals (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Oklahoma City Thunder (15 votes [57.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

2. Miami Heat (11 votes [42.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

lol this forum is hilarious, people are so obsessed with Lebron. I actually though he played pretty well (though not well enough), but people are going to rip him no matter what so I'm not going to get into that argument

Westbrook was great, it seemed like he was everywhere on the court getting involved, and he nearly put up a triple double. Durant was good and super efficient, though I though he settled for jumpers too easily (cant blame him when he is hitting them like that though haha). Interesting lineups from the Thunder- they went big with 2 of Ibaka, Perk, and Collison on the floor almost the whole game and it really seemed to help them protect the rim. I thought they might run smaller lineups with Durant at the 4 because Bosh isnt going to hurt you inside, but they left the bigs in and it paid off.

IMO, the Thunder win came down to their ball movement, which was much better than Miami's rather stagnant offense, and their defense. They got back in transition very well, and their size and athleticism clearly frustrated Miami in the second half. Also, big props to Shefolosha, who was fantastic defending Wade and Lebron. It felt like every time Wade managed to score, he was being defended by Harden. Which brings me to another point- whats up with Wade? You're a top 3 player in the World, you submitted one of the greatest finals performances of all time back in 06, and you should still be in the prime of your career. 19 points aint cutting it

#47 Hate

Hate

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

People are going to rip him until he proves himself in the 4th quarter on consistent basis.
The following stat is pretty telling to his 4th quarter performances...
Lebron James - 2011 NBA Finals 4th quarter Points - 18
Kevin Durant - 2012 NBA Finals game 1 4th quarter points -17.
Keep in mind that was Durants first finals game ever too.

#48 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Which brings me to another point- whats up with Wade? You're a top 3 player in the World, you submitted one of the greatest finals performances of all time back in 06, and you should still be in the prime of your career. 19 points aint cutting it

lmao.... typical LeBron fanboy placing the blame on anybody but #6. Wade is NOT a top 3 player in the world.

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard

#49 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

lmao.... typical LeBron fanboy placing the blame on anybody but #6. Wade is NOT a top 3 player in the world.

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard

Hahaha, yeah I'm actually rooting for the Thunder in this series, but whatever makes you feel better.

Btw your list is a joke and I dont respect any of your opinions about basketball (not from your posts in this thread)

#50 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hahaha, yeah I'm actually rooting for the Thunder in this series, but whatever makes you feel better.

Btw your list is a joke and I dont respect any of your opinions about basketball (not from your posts in this thread)

Only an idiot thinks Dwyane Wade is a top 3 player in the world.

#51 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Only an idiot thinks Dwyane Wade is a top 3 player in the world.

Funny thing is I would absolutely debate that with a legitimate poster.

The only reason I dont ignore your posts is because I find your fervent hatred of Lebron quite entertaining

#52 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

tbqh I don't know that Wade is top 3 right now but he is still one of the grwats right now, certainly in the top in the NBA and more than capable of more than 19 points... and the heat will need him to do more than that.

#53 Hate

Hate

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Wade is no way a top 3 player anymore. He is busted up and injury prone.

#54 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

Eh, I might give Rose an edge over Wade since he has looked banged up this year, but Dwight Howard was a little bitch this year who stabbed his coach in the back and held his team hostage, and Kobe looked a step slow and shot too much (worst shooting % in 5 years). Westbrook is certainly making a case in these playoffs too. I think Wade is still top 5 at least

#55 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

Eh, I might give Rose an edge over Wade since he has looked banged up this year, but Dwight Howard was a little bitch this year who stabbed his coach in the back and held his team hostage, and Kobe looked a step slow and shot too much (worst shooting % in 5 years). Wade is definitely still top 5

lol Howard's off the court BS has nothing to do with him being the best big man in the league.

There's a reason people say the Heat may look to trade Wade & Bosh for Howard if they lose.

#56 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

lol Howard's off the court BS has nothing to do with him being the best big man in the league.

There's a reason people say the Heat may look to trade Wade & Bosh for Howard if they lose.

The trade I heard was Bosh straight up for Howard. Orlando has no leverage, he is leaving one way or another. Howard is still the best big man in the league (though Bynum is close), but his shenanigans are hurting his team's play and that has to count for something

#57 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

wade might be top 10

#58 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

The trade I heard was Bosh straight up for Howard. Orlando has no leverage, he is leaving one way or another. Howard is still the best big man in the league (though Bynum is close), but his shenanigans are hurting his team's play and that has to count for something

I heard it would be both. I wouldn't give up Bosh, & definitely not both of them for Dwight. If I'm Miami I would trade Wade to a team for 3 solid players. Then go hard in the offseason to sign Roy Hibbert. Wade & LeBron don't mesh well, they're games are too similar.

Deal Wade to a team like NO. With the #1 pick they might be interested in giving up a few pieces to build around a superstar D-Wade & top pick Anthony Davis.

Mario Chalmers
Eric Gordon*
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Roy Hibbert

Udonis Haslem
Trevor Ariza*
Shane Battier
Chris Kaman*
veteran FA guard
'12 draft PG

*from Wade trade to NO

#59 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Hey KG, you know 11-24 is a great shooting night for Kobe.

Lmao, exactly 6-24 got him the finals MVP

#60 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,227 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

I heard it would be both. I wouldn't give up Bosh, & definitely not both of them for Dwight. If I'm Miami I would trade Wade to a team for 3 solid players. Then go hard in the offseason to sign Roy Hibbert. Wade & LeBron don't mesh well, they're games are too similar.

Deal Wade to a team like NO. With the #1 pick they might be interested in giving up a few pieces to build around a superstar D-Wade & top pick Anthony Davis.

Mario Chalmers
Eric Gordon*
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Roy Hibbert

Udonis Haslem
Trevor Ariza*
Shane Battier
Chris Kaman*
veteran FA guard
'12 draft PG

*from Wade trade to NO

That would be a bad trade for New Orleans. No way I'm giving up Gordon for an aging, breaking down Wade.
But anyways, Durant and Westbrook were playing great ball, especially in the 2nd half. Durant had an amazing 4th qtr but it wouldn't have been possible w/o Russ. Lebron had a good game, could've had a lil better 4th qtr, but this loss isn't on him. Wade has got to step up. 19 pts by a top 10 player isn't gonna cut it. Lebron is gonna feel like he's back in Cleveland if his supporting cast doesn't step up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miami, okc, durant, lebron, wade, westbrook, harden, bosh, scott brooks, erik spoelstra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users