Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Great Article, From A Texans Beat Writer, On Cam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Nolan Nawrocki’s scathing report on Cam Newton before the 2011 Draft was an appropriate piece at the time.

I wouldn't say it was appropriate. I'd say it was expected.

#32 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

That article was DISGUSTINGLY AWESOME!

I don't know why...but somewhere in the middle I began thinking... We're fuged! How are we going to afford to pay this man what he deserves and still keep enough talent around him to stay relevant? People keep saying in 2 or 3 years from now we'll be hoisting a trophy. I tend to disagree, and i think our premiere window is here and now THIS year. If this dude replicates or (shiver) exceeds his output from last year, they are going to HAVE to give this man a deal he deserves. Not technically because he's under contract... I dont know.... and i dont know how that FO is gonna make it happen, but what I can tell you is this...
I'm Happy as hell that we have this problem!!!!!

#33 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

That article was DISGUSTINGLY AWESOME!

I don't know why...but somewhere in the middle I began thinking... We're fuged! How are we going to afford to pay this man what he deserves and still keep enough talent around him to stay relevant? People keep saying in 2 or 3 years from now we'll be hoisting a trophy. I tend to disagree, and i think our premiere window is here and now THIS year. If this dude replicates or (shiver) exceeds his output from last year, they are going to HAVE to give this man a deal he deserves. Not technically because he's under contract... I dont know.... and i dont know how that FO is gonna make it happen, but what I can tell you is this...
I'm Happy as hell that we have this problem!!!!!

Cam's not stupid, he can do the math and see where more money = less wins. He'll get a blank check from the FO and everything will go from there.
Frankly, I could see Cam asking to be paid like a top-five QB but not #1 in the league.

#34 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

I disagree, Warren Moon had a lot to do with the race issue. Most pundits were saying he was a one read then run QB. Then Moon came out and said it was mostly because of his skin color. Other than Nawrocki, not a lot of other analysts mentioned or even hinted that Cam's color had anything to do with his success in the NFL.

So just because you don't mention the color of a person skin means you're not a racist? Is that how we determined racism in this time and age? In other words Warren should have just played along with how those in the media was clearly discriminating against Cam without mentioning his skin color.

IMO, Cam did or didn't do was isolated to his one year at FU.. Yet this writer is giving the impression that Cam was a troubled QB throughout his college years. As we have come to learn and observe, the so called "pay for play" scandal was another media manufactured soap opera done to apease a silly school rivalry and hate, then a father trying to sell his son...So how is Cam's character in question?

And, IMO, alll Warren Moon did was call out what was clearly obvious but seemly wanted to be ignored by our media....They enjoyed playing the race card with certain players, at their convenience, and didn't care to be challenged. There was nothing racist about Warren Moon said or did. The racism came in the reaction of those who hated the fact that he shined a light on what was clearly obvious but many love to ignore.

Funny how the media enjoys turning The Golden Calf of Bristol into an "Entertainer and Icon" without him really being even a decent QB. Yet they spent an entire year and then some, bashing and labeling Cam as cocky and arrogant for simply answering a question that had nothing to do with him being as a QB or his work ethics.

#35 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

If it will be hard for us to clear that much cap, it will be hard for anyone else to. Let's be real the most logical place for him to go is ATL and they need to give up on a QB with three straight playoff trips first. We are a short drive from ATL, the only business move for him would be an LA Franchise or the Giants. Eli has plenty of years left and 2 Super bowls.

#36 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Cam's not going ANYWHERE... y'all need to chill! He'll never be a FA at all EVER! So forget about it!