7 replies to this topic

#1 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Based on what I watched in college and what he showed during his rookie season; I believe Cam Newton is capable of scoring 50 touchdowns a season.

My prediction for Cam at some point in his career is 40 Passing tds and 10 Rushing tds. 4500+ yards passing and 1000 yards rushing in the same season. I'm thinking that he can get the interceptions down to 10, if only because Chud's Offense seems to put an emphasis on risk/chance. For those of you thinking this might be too much rushing, it is only 62.5 yards a game, not much more than his current average. Remember he picked up 49 yards against Tampa on one play.

Despite all of the flaws that were talked about all season in his footwork, etc. Cam grew by leaps and bounds as a passer from his college season at Auburn, which was quite impressive. If Gettis, Lafell and Olsen, or someoneelse can step up, I don't see how Cam cannot pick up another 500 yards passing.

Your feedback is appreciated.

#2 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

If can wins MVP we should start a collection to buy him an Iron throne to put on the sidelines. Can you imagine how bad ass that would be.

#3 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

If can wins MVP we should start a collection to buy him an Iron throne to put on the sidelines. Can you imagine how bad ass that would be.

Made from Crushed helmets, torn jerseys, and broken ankles from defeated teams!

#4 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Made from the pelts of dead baby seals me and Steve Smith clubbed in Alaska on our winter trip.

#5 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Do you guys and ladies think these numbers are possible?

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

possible? absolutely.

likely...nah.

but we're talking about frikkin' cam newton here.

it wasn't likely in college. it wasn't likely that he would set the records he did last year.

but he did.

because he's frikkin' cam newton.

#7 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'll give you three reasons why Cam stat's won't be as good as they were last year.

DeAngelo, Stewart, and Tolbert

Look for our running game to be used more than ever this year.

#8 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

If the Panthers have a good record and he puts up similar numbers to last year I don't see why he wouldn't be. I've seen Huddlers toss "SUPERBOWL" around and MVP is much more realistic than going far in the playoffs I think.

The running game doesn't necessarily kill his stats either. More weapons could improve his passing numbers and he got a lot of his running stats on plays where every man, woman, and child watching knew he was going to run. They couldn't stop him when they knew what was coming, imagine the potential when they don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com