#16 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

It just sucks for him that he got drafted by such a shitty organization.

Thats what everyone was saying about Cam. But look what he did for the org..

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

lol Cam has nothing to do with it. If RG3 was sucking it up in camp do you think his name would be on everyones lips? No. RG3 is getting press because RG3 is a bad bad man.

If it wasn't for Cam RGIII would have recieved a lot more scrutiny in the pre draft process....the ones before Cam would have been the bar for an athletic QB coming out of that college scheme.

He could of still gone number 2....but basic logic tells you Cam made the draft process easier on RGIII.

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Thats what everyone was saying about Cam. But look what he did for the org..

Cam got drafted by a franchise coming of a shitty season....RGIII got drafted by what is now a shitty franchise. A noted difference

#19 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Cam got drafted by a franchise coming of a shitty season....RGIII got drafted by what is now a shitty franchise. A noted difference

Do you even know the history of your own franchise??

#20 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

We know your franchise has been in a rut for a very long time with a string of laughable management decisions that go back into the last millennium.

#21 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Note I said is now a shitty franchise....which implies at one time the Skins weren't.

Lets look at both franchises since Carolina came into the league.

Carolina
3 NFC Championship appearances
1 Superbowl appearance
1 Conference title
6 playoff wins

Vs

Redskins
2 playoff wins

Redskins have become a shitty franchise. Look how they have stacked up to the lowly Panthers. LOL

#22 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

If it wasn't for Cam RGIII would have recieved a lot more scrutiny in the pre draft process....the ones before Cam would have been the bar for an athletic QB coming out of that college scheme.

He could of still gone number 2....but basic logic tells you Cam made the draft process easier on RGIII.

And i'm saying that Cam or any other quarterback for that matter had nothing to do with the press/hype or over all good feelings about Robert Griffin III. He's earned the spotlight on his own. I think Panther fans have such an inferiority complex about their team its like a punch in the gut when an opposing player gets a little pat on the back. Strange

#23 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Look at how much hype RG3 is getting. The media is hyping him a lot higher than Luck. Why is that?? Its because of the "Cam Effect" on the NFL. The whole time leading up to Cam's rookie season, everyone was wondering how big of a bust he would be. Now, with RG3, everyone is looking at how big of a star he will be. Just goes to show you another example of the "Cam Effect". Welcome to the new era, where the Joe Montana and John Elway clone QBs may not be the most desired.

I don't feel it's because of Cam. Cam's successful rookie season did remove some of the VY and Jamarcus Russel negative stigma the media created around black QBs. But, I believe RG III was always a better QB than Luck. IMO, those in the media simply wanted Luck to go first. Plus RG III is part of Tom Condon's stable of clients. You're not allowed to really trash or speak ill of Tom Condon's clients in the media. No matter how bad their are.

#24 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I think Panther fans have such an inferiority complex about their team its like a punch in the gut when an opposing player gets a little pat on the back. Strange

this I agree with

Some want to use the concept of opening doors for other QBs as a way to praise Newton but they will end up bashing any QB that uses that "open door".

#25 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

And i'm saying that Cam or any other quarterback for that matter had nothing to do with the press/hype or over all good feelings about Robert Griffin III. He's earned the spotlight on his own. I think Panther fans have such an inferiority complex about their team its like a punch in the gut when an opposing player gets a little pat on the back. Strange

Right, Cam had to do with the lack of scrutiny RGIII received about being an athletic QB, playing in his non pro style college system, a being a one year college wonder.

RGIII's positives would have still been there....Cam's historic season caused people not to focus on certain things and question his ability to play in the NFL. Cam pretty much made everyone doing the standard athletic black QB from a non pro system doubting....look like fools. RGIII benefited....not knock on RGIII. I think RGIII should of gone 1. You are trying to spin things like people are trying to place Newton above RGIII in this talk and that isn't it

#26 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

So you don't think because of the crow they had to eat because of Cam hasn't made them at least a little less likely to criticize? That being said, I agree that RG3 is a bad man.

#27 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Note I said is now a shitty franchise....which implies at one time the Skins weren't.

Lets look at both franchises since Carolina came into the league.

Carolina
3 NFC Championship appearances
1 Superbowl appearance
1 Conference title
6 playoff wins

Vs

Redskins
2 playoff wins

Redskins have become a shitty franchise. Look how they have stacked up to the lowly Panthers. LOL

Nice going, but just because Carolina has been better than Washington in recent history doen't mean they still don't occupy the same dumpster.

#28 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't feel it's because of Cam. Cam's successful rookie season did remove some of the VY and Jamarcus Russel negative stigma the media created around black QBs. But, I believe RG III was always a better QB than Luck. IMO, those in the media simply wanted Luck to go first. Plus RG III is part of Tom Condon's stable of clients. You're not allowed to really trash or speak ill of Tom Condon's clients in the media. No matter how bad their are.

By always better than Luck you mean always thought that during the percentage of one season?

#29 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Nice going, but just because Carolina has been better than Washington in recent history doen't mean they still don't occupy the same dumpster.

Yeah, the history pretty much proves since Carolina entered the league....they don't occupy the same one when comparing the success of the franchises. Skins have seen virtually no success and that can't be said about Carolina in that span....

This is coming from a poster who many believe opts to look at the negative sides to Carolina....but the Skins have been a joke recently. This is former Skins country....most real Skins fans admit that

#30 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Oh please...I called it right on this site last season. I told you the media wasn't going to do to RGIII what they did to Cam because it would raise a lot of eye-brows. These folks in the media aren't stupid. Plus, they knew they were going to get the outcome they wanted between the two QBs...

It was clear from the time Cam was at Auburn that the media was going to go after him and do it extremely viciously. They wanted him to fail while he was at Auburn and he didn't. And, they felt they had a chance to affect how he came off the draftboard doing what they do best...building up a false image of someone based on bits and pieces of negative story they can spin into a much bigger story.

Cam's so called "character issues" were more fictious than reality. Whatever he did while at UF when he was 18 was shrouded in smoke and intentionally made to look worst than it was for the purpose of using it against him. When the best the media could do was take everything Cam said and did and intentionally spin it to paint him as arrogant and cocky, that was enough to show me what was really going on. The pile on was SOOOO obvious and uncall for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com