Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredibly Sobering Article by Lavar Arrington

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The rationale for the death penalty or not letting pedophiles out of jail is that the research suggest they rarely are rehabbed and typically offend again. It isn't punishing them so much as stopping them from doing it again and sparing the 50,000 dollars per year it costs to keep someone locked up every year. To lock up a pedophile for 40 years will cost $2,000,000.

Posted · Report post

I always though it was a control thing.

Rape is often a control thing, Pedophilia is when an adult prefers children as their primary sexual object. Very different.

Posted · Report post

Rape is often a control thing, Pedophilia is when an adult prefers children as their primary sexual object. Very different.

I don't know their mental makeup i just figured they went after kids because they were easy targets.

Posted · Report post

I don't know their mental makeup i just figured they went after kids because they were easy targets.

Incest abusers often pick kids as substitutes for adults because they are easy to control. Pedophiles usually are a lot more disturbed and dangerous.

Posted · Report post

Incest abusers often pick kids as substitutes for adults because they are easy to control. Pedophiles usually are a lot more disturbed and dangerous.

Could it be considered a form of mental illness? Born that way and there's no cure/fixing/whatever.

Posted · Report post

Could it be considered a form of mental illness? Born that way and there's no cure/fixing/whatever.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is a mental illness. Does not excuse the crime. Person still knows right from wrong.

Posted · Report post

Most abusers are made not born that way. It is caused by environmental factors not genetics. The problem for pedophiles is that they prefer children not adults. Asking them not to abuse children is like asking a normal person never to have sex with a woman or man again. Most people don't stop they just get more sneaky about it.

Posted · Report post

I don't believe in the death penalty but Sandusky will be murdered in prison regardless.

Posted · Report post

Getting a life sentence will be a death sentence in itself. Even convicts cant stand child molesters

He would be put into a cell by himself for that reason and not congregate with other inmates. They have actual cell blocks just for dirty cops, snitches, and pieces of poo like him.

Posted · Report post

The problem with pedophiles is there is no cure. There is no rehabilitation or correction. They will be pedophiles till the day they die. I wonder how many people out there have those sick thought and never act on them. It's probably an every day struggle to do the right thing for some people.

I'm glad I read that because it's a good reminder to never assume. Never waste a chance to help a situation.

Posted · Report post

He would be put into a cell by himself for that reason and not congregate with other inmates. They have actual cell blocks just for dirty cops, snitches, and pieces of poo like him.

It is incredibly easy to get to a guy that's in AdSeg. Especially when it's a guy that prison guards with children will have zero desire to protect.

Posted · Report post

Lord on a tangent, I hope I never do anything wrong. Prison sounds like hell on earth. Think about that guy that was just exonerated in Cali.