Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B wood

89 wants to play 3-4 more years

51 posts in this topic

Diva.

Steve Smith could punch your mom....and a week later talk to the media and you would think he was calmest and most rational guy in the world.

Smith has always said the right things...

His leadership was a joke as late as 2010. Let the guy be a one man wrecking crew. That is what he is...and the best player to ever where a uniform here ( he doesnt have to be everything)

great article about a great player..

but what I found most interesting was this little tidbit..

He raves about rookie cornerback Josh Norman calling him "impressive" and adds linebacker Luke Kuechly is a star in the making and a guy he sees as "making 15 tackles on an off day."

Good to see the rookie corner impressing the vet

Wow...what a difference a year and a number one pick makes. This time last season folks were still hoping and praying that Stevie wouldn't leave.

Here's hoping he can get his ring before he retires.

Rivera went out of his way to praise Norman the other day.

Hope he becomes the real deal real fast.

My son is starting HS and he will playing JV football this season so I will post for 4 more years until he goes to college then I will retire from posting and let some little poster take my spot.

2 people like this

And if Steve doesn't get his number retired when he hangs up I'll riot.

Can you honestly picture how well the fanbase would react to some dweeby UDFA from Southwestern Idaho A&M Tech coming in and wearing 89?

Guy would be booed off the field.

89 is an icon. no way in hell his jersey doesn't get retired, especially if he plays for another four years and/or gets a ring.

there will also be a statue. no way there won't be.

I actually think smith will get a statue out front of the stadium.

I also think if he gets a ring and can get like 800 yards a season for 4 more years he'll be our first ever hall of famer. with those numbers he'd have about 13500 receiving yards all time landing him just ahead of torry holt, 10th place all time.

Smitty rarely gives out compliments, especially to a CB, and a rookie at that, so to hear that he's impressed with Josh says a hell of alot.

I actually think smith will get a statue out front of the stadium.

I also think if he gets a ring and can get like 800 yards a season for 4 more years he'll be our first ever hall of famer. with those numbers he'd have about 13500 receiving yards all time landing him just ahead of torry holt, 10th place all time.

WR is a clusterfug though in terms of looking at the hall.....he has the talent but I doubt he ever has the numbers. I don't consider Reggie Wayne a HOF WR.....and resume is really what it comes down to