• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

It'd be nice for Steve smith to have a strong finish to his career and get himself into the top 10 receivers, and hopefully a ring. Then I think his number being retired Is almost guaranteed

#32 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Andre Reed isn't in because he doesn't deserve to be in.

Oooofff that one struck a heartstring. How can you say that? 4 superbowl appearances and crazy good stats...

#33 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

lol, sorry old farts! I'm entering into my PRIME

#34 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

This is a good point. Andre Reed still not in, nor chris carter. TO and Moss have to be put in eventually and possibly torry holt.

Of course the big difference is that none of them have rings. If smith wins one, and does something special in it, he has agood shot. Look at Lynn Swann, he is in because of ONE PLAY!

one play?

You must not have watched football during Lynn Swann's era.

#35 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

one play?

You must not have watched football during Lynn Swann's era.

Was not alive during Swann's era. But I do know he was a number 3 wideout and has rather unimpressive stats.

#36 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,788 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Does his son play football, or is he still a soccer player?

#37 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Oooofff that one struck a heartstring. How can you say that? 4 superbowl appearances and crazy good stats...

Only 4 1,000 yard seasons. How is that "crazy good stats"? He was an accumulator, that's it.

4 Super Bowl appearances? So what? First of all, the only reason the Bills made it to 4 straight is because the AFC was extremely weak. That is why they, like every other AFC team, got the snot beaten out of them as soon as they made it to the Super Bowl. Second, it isn't like they even won one anyway.

Back to the first point, as amazing of an accomplishment that the Bills pulled off by getting to 4 straight, they like the rest of the AFC was no match for those NFC teams. From 1985 to 1997, the NFC won every single Super Bowl. Even more than that? Outside of 3 games, they were all complete blowouts.

#38 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Only 4 1,000 yard seasons. How is that "crazy good stats"? He was an accumulator, that's it.

4 Super Bowl appearances? So what? First of all, the only reason the Bills made it to 4 straight is because the AFC was extremely weak. That is why they, like every other AFC team, got the snot beaten out of them as soon as they made it to the Super Bowl. Second, it isn't like they even won one anyway.

Back to the first point, as amazing of an accomplishment that the Bills pulled off by getting to 4 straight, they like the rest of the AFC was no match for those NFC teams. From 1985 to 1997, the NFC won every single Super Bowl. Even more than that? Outside of 3 games, they were all complete blowouts.

Right... but the bills still dominated half of the league, even if they were inferior to the NFC. They were one of the main reasons why marino never won a ring. Do you feel if he was in the SB 4x straight he would have lost them all?

#39 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Nothing made me feel more old than flipping onto an episode of Full House the other day and remembering what happened on the episode. Then I checked the date of when it aired originally (of which I saw it). 25 years ago!!!!!

#40 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

This is a good point. Andre Reed still not in, nor chris carter. TO and Moss have to be put in eventually and possibly torry holt.

Of course the big difference is that none of them have rings. If smith wins one, and does something special in it, he has agood shot. Look at Lynn Swann, he is in because of ONE PLAY!

A Lynn Swann would never get in today though

#41 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

are you sure about this?

#42 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,171 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Be grateful he wants to play here and stop arguing over if he will go into the HOF.

#43 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Right... but the bills still dominated half of the league, even if they were inferior to the NFC. They were one of the main reasons why marino never won a ring. Do you feel if he was in the SB 4x straight he would have lost them all?

Well, considering the one year they got there, they got destroyed...possibly.

Still, you even said it yourself. The Bills. Not Reed. Very good player. But I wouldn't put him in the Hall.

#44 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,622 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Well, considering the one year they got there, they got destroyed...possibly.

Still, you even said it yourself. The Bills. Not Reed. Very good player. But I wouldn't put him in the Hall.

Not to take credit away from Reed or the Bills, but Marino was a big time playoff choke artist. He had one brilliant game - the AFC Championship game when they went to the Super Bowl. Check out his career playoff stats

http://www.pro-footb...0/gamelog/post/

#45 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

are you sure about this?

lol nope i actually edited in torry holt after i wrote that second part.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steve Smith, boobs, Cam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com