Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyMagic97

2012 NHL Offseason/Free Agency

92 posts in this topic

I'd rather break the bank going after parise than trade for Nash/Ryan at this point. Who would we have to lose to get Nash?? Ruutu, Faulk or Murphy and another d prospect, and a top forward prospect, Rask, Tlusty, or newly acquired Welsh. Price for Nash is just too damn steep. We would be mortgaging our future. We now have prospects, don't want us to clean house...

I think it is all but decided that Parise will not be coming to Carolina.

Columbus isn't going to get what they think they are going to get for Nash. They will either have to significantly lower their asking price, or they will be going into next season with and unhappy Nash.

It honestly makes more sense to me for us to deal some prospects for Bobby Ryan. We have some good, young players in place right now, and Ryan has several good years left in him.

Josh Yohe@JoshYohe_Trib

Hearing from multiple sources that the Penguins are very serious about attempting to sign Zach Parise in July.

Josh Yohe@JoshYohe_Trib

Pens are looking to trade Paul Martin. Money saved in that deal may give them shot at Parise. Multiple sources believe this is their plan

Pittsburgh with Parise would be an intense offense.

We should have got Paul Martin in the Jordan Staal deal like everyone said we would.

Also we need to pull out of the Nash sweepstakes, there is no need to trade away any more of our valuable players.

Sign a good winger in P.A. Parenteau, a good center in Kyle Wellwood, and a good defenseman in Dennis Wideman and we will be contending next year.

We should have got Paul Martin in the Jordan Staal deal like everyone said we would.

Also we need to pull out of the Nash sweepstakes, there is no need to trade away any more of our valuable players.

Agree with this the more I think about it.

Sign a good winger in P.A. Parenteau, a good center in Kyle Wellwood, and a good defenseman in Dennis Wideman and we will be contending next year.

I don't know if we can get Wideman. I've heard he wants to stay with Washington or go to a contender.

Alexander Semin is reportedly going to test free agency when he becomes an UFA in July. His production has tailed off a bit, but a change of scenery may do him some good.

Semin or P.A would be the two wingers that I want and I heard that Wellwood wants out of Winnipeg so I would throw a contract offer his way.

I

If we could get Wellwood for a similar price that Winnipeg got him for last year, I'd consider it.

In my opinion, this would be a contending team

Eric Staal - Jordan Staal - Alexander Semin

Jeff Skinner - Kyle Wellwood - Tuomo Ruutu

Jussi Jokinen - Jeremy Welsh - Jiri Tlusty

Anthony Stewart - Tim Brent - Chad LaRose

Patrick Dwyer

Gleason - Faulk

Murphy - Harrison

Pitkanen - McBain

Joslin

Cam Ward

Brian Boucher

Also in the mix: Andreas Nodl, Drayson Bowman, Jerome Samson, Brett Sutter, Zac Dalpe, Zach Boychuk, Riley Nash, Bobby Sanguinetti, Victor Rask, and Justin Peters.

Do you not think we'll split the Staals up and put them together for power plays?

Do you not think we'll split the Staals up and put them together for power plays?

JR hinted that we will put them together if we can acquire another second line center and a winger.

JR hinted that we will put them together if we can acquire another second line center and a winger.

Nice. I'm glad Rutherford is willing to go after good players in free agency. Our division is so close that a few additional players could make a world of difference next season. We could easily go from last in the division to top 2.