Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 NHL Offseason/Free Agency

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We should have got Paul Martin in the Jordan Staal deal like everyone said we would.

Also we need to pull out of the Nash sweepstakes, there is no need to trade away any more of our valuable players.

Sign a good winger in P.A. Parenteau, a good center in Kyle Wellwood, and a good defenseman in Dennis Wideman and we will be contending next year.

Posted · Report post

We should have got Paul Martin in the Jordan Staal deal like everyone said we would.

Also we need to pull out of the Nash sweepstakes, there is no need to trade away any more of our valuable players.

Agree with this the more I think about it.

Sign a good winger in P.A. Parenteau, a good center in Kyle Wellwood, and a good defenseman in Dennis Wideman and we will be contending next year.

I don't know if we can get Wideman. I've heard he wants to stay with Washington or go to a contender.

Alexander Semin is reportedly going to test free agency when he becomes an UFA in July. His production has tailed off a bit, but a change of scenery may do him some good.

Posted · Report post

Semin or P.A would be the two wingers that I want and I heard that Wellwood wants out of Winnipeg so I would throw a contract offer his way.

I

Posted · Report post

If we could get Wellwood for a similar price that Winnipeg got him for last year, I'd consider it.

Posted · Report post

In my opinion, this would be a contending team

Eric Staal - Jordan Staal - Alexander Semin

Jeff Skinner - Kyle Wellwood - Tuomo Ruutu

Jussi Jokinen - Jeremy Welsh - Jiri Tlusty

Anthony Stewart - Tim Brent - Chad LaRose

Patrick Dwyer

Gleason - Faulk

Murphy - Harrison

Pitkanen - McBain

Joslin

Cam Ward

Brian Boucher

Also in the mix: Andreas Nodl, Drayson Bowman, Jerome Samson, Brett Sutter, Zac Dalpe, Zach Boychuk, Riley Nash, Bobby Sanguinetti, Victor Rask, and Justin Peters.

Posted · Report post

Do you not think we'll split the Staals up and put them together for power plays?

Posted · Report post

Do you not think we'll split the Staals up and put them together for power plays?

JR hinted that we will put them together if we can acquire another second line center and a winger.

Posted · Report post

JR hinted that we will put them together if we can acquire another second line center and a winger.

Nice. I'm glad Rutherford is willing to go after good players in free agency. Our division is so close that a few additional players could make a world of difference next season. We could easily go from last in the division to top 2.

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but the Fourth Period listed the top 30 free agents and those interested in them. They had the Canes interested in...

Zach Parise

Ryan Suter

P.A. Parenteau

Jiri Hudler

Carlo Colaiacovo

Posted · Report post

Any chance we go after Schultz?

Posted · Report post

Don't think so, haven't heard anything on that front yet.

Posted · Report post

Any chance we go after Schultz?

I spoke to soon.

Chip Alexander tweeted today

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

One man's opinion: Canes have interest in Justin Schultz, Jason Garrison. Also will make offer for Ryan Suter come July 1

One man's opinion: Parise will be out of Canes' price range. Possible interest in bringing back Whitney

Johnnyg Hockey ‏@JohnnygHockey

@ice_chip some rumors have #Canes still in Nash talks, what is your opinion on that?

@JohnnygHockey Some truth to that, IMO

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments