Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 NHL Offseason/Free Agency

92 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd be ecstatic with a Schultz/Suter/Whitney FA land. One can dream, right?

Posted

My only problem with Whitney is that he so old. I would rather have PAP, but at least it is showing that JR is willing to break the bank to make this team a contender again.

Posted

The team is still going hard after a trade for Nash.

However if they make the Nash trade, lots of people going to be upset at what it's going to take to land him.

They'll make the push for Suter and a couple of second tier FA's to go along with him and probably end up with Nash.

Posted

The team is still going hard after a trade for Nash.

However if they make the Nash trade, lots of people going to be upset at what it's going to take to land him.

They'll make the push for Suter and a couple of second tier FA's to go along with him and probably end up with Nash.

Just don't give up any good players please! We can't improve if we gain talent from elsewhere only to give up talent we already have.

Posted

Just don't give up any good players please! We can't improve if we gain talent from elsewhere only to give up talent we already have.

Couple of wingers and a prospect or two is what it will take to accomplish that trade.

They'd have to give up a couple of good prospects in Murphy and Dalpe or something similar. I think Murphy would be the focal point on what was going back.

Probably end up being the 2013 first rounder, Murphy, Dalpe, McBain and one of the top wingers on the team to get Nash.

Posted

I know we are 12 hours into FA, but:

Posted

Welcome back Joe Corvo 1 year, $2mil

Posted

Wtf?

Posted

We are not 12 hours into FA. FA started at noon. For up to date Canes FA info check out https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/ice_chip. He will have most up to date. Canes have made offers to Parise and Suter. Waiting on word. Dont want to get my hopes up but Rutherford said neither camp said no and is considering. Rutherford said that if Parise does not come to Canes they are going hard after Nash. Apparently there is currently an offer on the table for Nash but will up it if lose out on Parise.

Posted

i can't believe martin brodeur is a free agent!!

Posted

only big signing worth mentioning as of right now seems to be ray whitney to the stars

Posted

corvo is a nice signing for us but were so deep on the blueline with a bunch of young guys ready to make the jump... including murphy i believe