Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Gamble expects a defensive bounceback

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Josh has a lot of learning to do, and I'm going to be there to help him and keep him on his feet," Gamble said. "He's always around the ball. He's tall, kind of like me, and I can see some physicality in him. He's an athlete.

"Brandon is doing well out there technique-wise. He's making plays, just doing his thing. Everybody is doing well in the secondary."

With an up-and-coming pair like Norman and Hogan in the mix, Gamble knows he can't let up. He showed last season that he's still got what it takes, and now he wants to take it to another level.

"This defense is set up for us to make plays," Gamble said. "I feel like I did that last year, and this year I want to come up with even more plays. I just need to study more film, know the opponents' weaknesses and make plays on the ball, and I want to be more consistent with what I'm doing."

Got to like what he (and others) are saying. Sounds like there is competition but the team is working together to make everyone better. Players on both sides of the ball are enthusiastic. Everyone seems to love the offense and defense. When have we heard that?

Posted · Report post

We have come a long way from Pickles and Dan Connor being our standard for a starter, gentleman.

Posted · Report post

Got to like what he (and others) are saying. Sounds like there is competition but the team is working together to make everyone better. Players on both sides of the ball are enthusiastic. Everyone seems to love the offense and defense. When have we heard that?

It has been a while since we could be optimistic about both at the same time. Feels kinda funny, almost like it should be wrong somehow. If you can look at the roster and not get excited, I cannot help you. All you have to do is look at the starters, and quality depth, to realize we are progressing nicely.

It truly is a great time to be a Panther fan. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

143449577-300x251.jpg

Is that suppose to be a non straight joke?? OMG, dude are you....

Posted · Report post

Is that suppose to be a non straight joke?? OMG, dude are you....

35ir1g.jpg

Posted · Report post

Just because you are a "realist" doesn't mean you are always right.

I've never once claimed to be. But claiming to be a top 10 defense during OTAs after being one of the very worst is a little silly don't you think?

Posted · Report post

If that knee stays healthy, Hogan is going to lock up #2 quickly....

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ford also said they have good trucks, IBM thinks highly of their computers and Facebook thinks everyone will enjoy Instagram.

Take all this stuff with a grain of salt.

welll a lot of people do like instagram and considering IBM stands for International Business Machines, their actual business machines are top of line, their PCs are garbage however.

But yea your right, just because a few people in our organization say everything is going fine and dandy, we really have no idea until the games start up.

Posted · Report post

One thing I like about Gamble is you never ever hear about him or hear him speak. Thats what great cornerbacks do, they never get their name pronounced by the commentators because they are so glued to their man nobody dares throw their way.

Posted · Report post

I certainly hope so. I don't think that we'll get back to form this year but I do think that we can be good enough too win. In order to get back to form we Willy need a penetrating DT, another dominating CB opposite of Gamble and a ball hawking, tackling beast of a S.

name one starting defensive tackle.that Rivera had with the chargers.

Don't bother, I know ya can't.

While I know our defensive tackle situation isn't the best the.Panthers have bad, I know Rovera cam coach.

I expect a top 10 defense.

Ya dont have to.

Posted · Report post

name one starting defensive tackle.that Rivera had with the chargers.

Don't bother, I know ya can't.

While I know our defensive tackle situation isn't the best the.Panthers have bad, I know Rovera cam coach.

I expect a top 10 defense.

Ya dont have to.

you really need to re-read my post. Don't bother, I'll summ it for you: I think oir defense is missing a few pieces from being back to form but under Rivera, I do think that we can win.

Posted · Report post

rodney-king.jpg