Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 US Open, The Olympic Club

105 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks to be a great tourney... with Tiger, Phil and Bubba paired for the first two days.

Ima be out of town today and tomorrow but hopefully I'll get to catch some of it later tonight... should be on late due to the west coast venue.

Have you seen #16? 670 yard par 5... that's crazy even for the open...

http://www.usopen.com/

Hey, Kevin Greene, who you pulling for? :P

Posted

Nobody cares about the open huh?

fug yall then...

"@SC_DougFarrar: I can dig it. RT @BrianMFloyd Thru 10, Phil has hit the gallery, a tree, three trash cans ... and a pair of fairways"

Posted

seems like Phil's head is somewhere else... he's playing horribly

Posted

Tiger's under par, and Phil's still at +4...

Posted

I will be watching every moment I get a chance to. I am out in SF about 4 or 5 times a year and have had the great opportunity to play both the Lakes and Ocean courses at Olympic.

The Lakes course is built for Tiger to win, so I wouldn't be surprised if he carries this tourney.

Side note that doesn't mean anything: I am a 2 handicap and I didn't shoot better than an 87 on either course from the men's tees. This tournament will be a great one.

Posted

Yeah these pros are mostly all +2 to +10... I might could break 90 if I played great, I'm playing at a 9 handicap now.

Props to Dpantherman for telling me about the USOpen app... Watching the marquee group now on my phone... 4G is so awesome.

Posted

Yeah these pros are mostly all +2 to +10... I might could break 90 if I played great, I'm playing at a 9 handicap now.

Props to Dpantherman for telling me about the USOpen app... Watching the marquee group now on my phone... 4G is so awesome.

And props to you for just now telling me about the USOpen app as well. Downloading it now.

Posted

It all goes back to Dpanther... :)

ESPN doesn't start coverage until 5... hmmmm... maybe I'll get to watch more later, conference isn't over til 6.

Posted

I love playing golf. Watching golf on tv? No thanks.

Posted

Finally getting to see some of this live... nice that it's on late.

Why the hell is Berman announcing golf. He sucks ass... put Van Pelt on please.

Whatney with a double eagle to go to E par for the day... nice.

Posted

I always love the groupings they come up with, one of em was the initial guys (KJ Choi, YE Yang, and KT Kim) - Cink, Immelman, and someone else were in the 1 major crew. The leader Thompson is in one with the guy who beat him at the US Amateur.

Posted

Looking forward to today.