Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL mini camp Updates thread (BOA)

124 posts in this topic

Posted

Plus he kicked half his games in Wisconsin. In the fall and winter. Bleh.

Posted

this will come in handy and be much more helpful than just getting some guy with a cannon for a leg.

6.2 seconds is a ridiculous amount of hang time. I dont know if Ive ever seen a 6.2 second punt. 5.2 yeah, not 6.2. I cant even imagine what it looks like. Did he spin the crap out of it or what I wonder?

Ill have to see it for myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

21-23July Panthers are having another mini camp for select players (rookies?)

Then on 27 July they will report to Wofford for Training Camp

First practice morning of 28 July

LET THE TIME FLY BY!!!!!!

Posted

Hate to revist last year's "told you so" lashing I gave much of the huddle regarding Cam, but I may have to do it again regarding Josh Norman. Told you so.

Posted

@josephperson: RJ Stanford picks off Jimmy Clausen. (LOL)

No Jimmy, No. No! :angry:

Posted

After the open practice, ‪#Panthers‬ QB Cam Newton took a random journalists' camera and began photographing the fans.

AvXnOjSCEAA2Xtn.jpg

Posted

I remember during the draft chat we were coming up with names for guys, and I think getting stranded on "Lake Norman" will be very fitting.

#fugrevisisland

1 person likes this

Posted

Tolbert looked great out there. Why was gamble not out there today in drills?

Posted

those that had heard of nortman pre-draft knew this was something that made this kid special. too many people were staring at how many yards a punt he was getting rather than how he was impressing people with an incredible ability to make the ball hang in the air and place it where he wants.

this will come in handy and be much more helpful than just getting some guy with a cannon for a leg.

shorter punts with a lot of hangtime = easier for coverage units to get there and shut down any chance of a PR for a TD. you boom it downfield and the returner may have a long ways to return the ball but your coverage units also have a long way to get there and it just gives the returners more time to get set up and line up his blockers.

Also if he is able to angle kicks to one side or the other your team can cheat to that way. Baker was horrible with that.

1 person likes this

Posted

After the open practice, ‪#Panthers‬ QB Cam Newton took a random journalists' camera and began photographing the fans.

AvXnOjSCEAA2Xtn.jpg

Terrible form. Elbows in, never out. He will never make it in the big leagues.

1 person likes this

Posted

AvXnOjSCEAA2Xtn.jpg

Cam is a giant puppy dog.

Posted

Took some notes to post later...

2 people like this