Practices notes

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

From the tweets it sounds like our rookies Luke and Norman are really showing some skills. Gotta love a guy like Reed stating Newman is really holding his own against Smitty and that it is something rookies simply don't do against 89.

#2 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

ill say it again,

hands down our 2nd best CB......

#3 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

Theyre not going full speed, well 89 isnt anyways. He's not a spring chicken to be goin all out right now like some youngin thats trying to get recognized. Its nice to hear, its nice, dont get me wrong, but theres like 3 guys in the nfl that can hold their own against 89. . . and one of those 3 plays for us.

#4 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Theyre not going full speed, well 89 isnt anyways. He's not a spring chicken to be goin all out right now like some youngin thats trying to get recognized. Its nice to hear, its nice, dont get me wrong, but theres like 3 guys in the nfl that can hold their own against 89. . . and one of those 3 plays for us.

LOL you dont know Steve Smith then. Ask anyone and they will tell you Smith treats Practice like a real game. Plus he is not going to let a Rook school him willingly in any way, shape, or form.

#5 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

LOL you dont know Steve Smith then. Ask anyone and they will tell you Smith treats Practice like a real game. Plus he is not going to let a Rook school him willingly in any way, shape, or form.

I agree
Even Steve Reed mentioned how blazing fast Smith looks.

#6 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

hehehe true. Im just sayin . . . he's like kind of starting to get old. . . he's probably not giving it his all. Although 97% of Smitty is still elite.

#7 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

89 is all talk. 89 is at full speed almost all the time. He would play catch in your back yard like he is preparing before a Superbowl.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

smith doesn't know how to not go 100%.

#9 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

smith doesn't know how to not go 100%.

Which is why IMO he should never play another preseason game the rest is his career

#10 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Idk guys. . . Its not the old Smitty here either. . . . Idk, if I was up against a rook, Id have to flex just a little but you dont want to discourage them.

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Idk guys. . . Its not the old Smitty here either. . . . Idk, if I was up against a rook, Id have to flex just a little but you dont want to discourage them.

You're talkin crazy dude!

#12 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

you don't make them better by coddling them. punch them in the mouth (figuratively...i know it's smitty we're talking about here) early and often and let them know this is what they have to get used to.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Which is why IMO he should never play another preseason game the rest is his career

i endorse this 100%.

i actually don't like the idea of any key starters playing in pre-season games. it's far too risky for a game that doesn't matter.

#14 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

No need to make excuses for Smith he is an Elite player. If Norman is staying with him thats a testament to Norman not the fact Smith is doing anything different.

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Are they wearing pads? If not then the Rookies have it easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com