Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Practices notes

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Which is why IMO he should never play another preseason game the rest is his career

i endorse this 100%.

i actually don't like the idea of any key starters playing in pre-season games. it's far too risky for a game that doesn't matter.

Posted

Idk guys. . . Its not the old Smitty here either. . . . Idk, if I was up against a rook, Id have to flex just a little but you dont want to discourage them.

No need to make excuses for Smith he is an Elite player. If Norman is staying with him thats a testament to Norman not the fact Smith is doing anything different.

Posted

Are they wearing pads? If not then the Rookies have it easy.

Posted

One of the more entertaining plays in practice today was Geoff Hangartner catching a TD pass on a fake field goal. I was so blown away watching #63 going for the pass, I didn't notice who threw it.

Posted

Are they wearing pads? If not then the Rookies have it easy.

no pads

1 person likes this

Posted

One of the more entertaining plays in practice today was Geoff Hangartner catching a TD pass on a fake field goal. I was so blown away watching #63 going for the pass, I didn't notice who threw it.

lol epic. Nothing funnier than watching a big guy in a full sprint.

Posted

lol epic. Nothing funnier than watching a big guy in a full sprint.

he was defended and the separation was.....well....non-existent. But he went up and got it. Drew a big round of applause. Way to go Piggie!

1 person likes this

Posted

Theyre not going full speed, well 89 isnt anyways. He's not a spring chicken to be goin all out right now like some youngin thats trying to get recognized. Its nice to hear, its nice, dont get me wrong, but theres like 3 guys in the nfl that can hold their own against 89. . . and one of those 3 plays for us.

Reed said that Smitty looked extremely fast out there today.....so that shoots holes in your entire arguement and post.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope Norman doestn piss Smitty off too much - you know the last Panthers CB that did so ............

Posted

I hope Norman doestn piss Smitty off too much - you know the last Panthers CB that did so ............

norman just has to make sure not to stare at smitty in the shower.

Posted

i endorse this 100%.

i actually don't like the idea of any key starters playing in pre-season games. it's far too risky for a game that doesn't matter.

I support young players getting reps. I support role players getting reps.

Studs who also are vets like Smith? No reps. Find a bs reason and hold him out.

Cam in another year or so shouldn't sniff a preseason game. Colts use to sit Manning. Always thought that was the right call.....and they won 10+ games every year for a decade

1 person likes this

Posted

Im glad to hear about Norman, but are they in pads?