Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Catman's mini-camp practice observations...

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Made it out to the open mini-camp practice today...
  • Met Darrell Green, he was standing at the end of the breezeway and I might have been the only person that recognized him. Didn't ask for an autograph or a pic because he was clearly trying to maintain a low profile. Hurney caught wind that he was there and invited him down to the field.
  • Good crowd showed up, they originally had about 4 sections available for seating in the east endzone but had to open several more sections to accommodate all the fans that showed up.
  • During warm ups, I saw Medlock nail a FG from the 45... but it was the 45 on the opposite site of the 50 from the direction he was facing! I could close my eyes and tell when he kicked the ball.
  • Both Harris and Nortman hit a few nice punts, Harris in particular seemed to be able to drop them in the "coffin corner" on a pretty consistent basis. Nortman has a lot of "action" on his punts, it's like a knuckleball. He dropped a few right inside the 10.
  • Armanti made a really nice catch over Brandon Hogan on a fly route, He also dropped a ball on a crossing route.
  • Hogan got beat quite a bit today... can't remember one breakup he had, didn't seem to be moving very fast, was not impressed.
  • Josh Norman did impress, they had him matched up with Smitty quite a bit today and he held is own. On one play he kept Smitty from catching a pass in the endzone and then stared him down with a grin on his face... Smitty ignored him and jogged back to the huddle.
  • Greg Hardy looked every bit of 299, a couple of the guys around me commented on how big he looked.
  • Clausen threw several picks and several of the passes that were not picked should have been. Kuechly made a nice play on one of them, jumping into the passing lane on a crossing route and taking it down the sideline. Was funny to watch Cam chase him down and try to strip the ball, LOL
  • TD took a few reps, everything was about half speed and there was no hitting but it was good to see #58 out there.
  • Mike Tolbert's speed is impressive, he caught a few passes in the flat with the ease of a WR and flew down the sideline... he's going to be a weapon for sure.
  • Cam threw some really nice balls, including a couple balls that required a good deal of anticipation and were right on target. He also sailed one over the head of Stewart on a checkdown and there were several times when nobody was open and Cam had to scramble and/or throw out of bounds.
That's about all I can think of now, feel free to ask questions - it may spark something that I saw that I'm just not thinking of right now.

Edit: here's more stuff I thought of...
  • Darvin Adams flashes a few times, made a couple of really nice catches during 11 on 11 and 7 on 7. He was flashing to the point that the guy next to me said "who the heck is that?".

#2 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

That's Darrell Green standing next to Hurney in the navy blue hat & shirt:

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

So stoked on Norman.

#4 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Here's a few pics I captured...

Posted Image

#5 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hardy...

Posted Image

#6 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

I really hope Medlock is our kicker come regular season.

#7 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hardy again...

Posted Image

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted Image

#9 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

I really hope Medlock is our kicker come regular season.

#10 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Going to upload a few vids I captured with my phone as well.

#11 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Going to upload a few vids I captured with my phone as well.

Do you have any film of the Bryant TD over Butler?

#12 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hardy looked like a monster out there today. at one point he was just entertaining himself by punching the crap out of the dummies.

#13 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Do you have any film of the Bryant TD over Butler?

Nope, but it happened right in front of me and it was a great catch... maybe the most impressive catch of the day.

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Oh... and CJ did not participate today. Neither did Ron Edwards.

#15 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Tolbert is going to be a force this season . he lined up as fullback, tailback, and wr. he looked really good out there and will make our offense so much more dangerous. I am really liking his potential on this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com