Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Catman's mini-camp practice observations...

157 posts in this topic

any word on alexander...?

Matt looks like a stoner frat boy in his picture. If you just saw him talking on tv with the sound muted you would have no idea he's a world class QB. I always found his appearance interesting for someone that works hard and is highly succesful.

Other than the fact that he is really a pretty big guy, there is nothing about him that screams football player. Maybe that is why I was never big on him? And then he had trouble staying on the field as a pro. Never missed a game in college, then gets drafted by the Lions and can't stay healthy. Until last year that is. He is definitely on the radar now. I have front row seats for two of the best. Never thought I would say that sentence about one, let alone two, Franchise QBs. Although I would take Cam in a heartbeat. His upside is damm near unlimited.

And GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I was hoping to see... I don't care how good his son is, we should keep him on the roster just for this:

OwSzU.St.138.jpeg

I didnt realize Darrel Green was so short.

I didnt realize Darrel Green was so short.

he'd never make it at the pro level.

he'd never make it at the pro level.

Neither will that Sam Mills guy :unsure:

Old pic of him and Jared:

darrell1.png

Funny thing is that Captain is pretty comparable to DG physically, the difference is above the neck...

Funny thing is that Captain is pretty comparable to DG physically, the difference is above the neck...

say huh wha? wow man strong. I would bet that Cap is the better tackler but thats about it. Green was lighter than Cap but a lot faster. He had elite speed, among other things, which allowed him to play into 40's imo.

say huh wha? wow man strong. I would bet that Cap is the better tackler but thats about it. Green was lighter than Cap but a lot faster. He had elite speed, among other things, which allowed him to play into 40's imo.

Yeah, Green was much faster (probably still is) but Captain had some impressive combine #'s including a 37" vert. My point was that Cap's biggest drawback is not his height or his athleticism, it's between his ears. Not saying he's stupid, but he just doesn't seem to "get it".

slow and short= Captain. and that is not a good combo.