Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Catman's mini-camp practice observations...

157 posts in this topic

Thanks CatMan. I'm driving back from Atlanta right now so I obviously missed it. Nice to hear a good crowd showed up and that are boys are looking good.

1 person likes this

i'm really hoping medlock beats out mare for the kicking job. dude's good.

oh...and re: hardy being 299...CRA says he saw a pic that didn't look like he's 299 and says that he's not because peppers wasn't and that the panthers and hardy don't want him there so....

I can believe Hardy is 299, he's not nearly as lean as Peppers was. Hardy has a much bigger lower body than Peppers does, bigger butt, etc (no homo).

Awesome I'm really rooting for the guy, did he take Naane/Jake's #17?

And how bout some footage of Hangmans TD?

Avila was wearing 17, didn't get a vid of Hangman's TD but it was nice... he threw the ball into the stands and that started everyone throwing balls into the stands.

Funny moment when LaFell (who looked good matched up with Gamble) tried to throw a ball into the stands and hit the FG netting (fail).

I can believe Hardy is 299, he's not nearly as lean as Peppers was. Hardy has a much bigger lower body than Peppers does, bigger butt, etc (no homo).

yeah, the guys just bigger than peppers. pep always looked like a big basketball player.

hardy's just a big guy.

anyone know why gamble wasn't running in the 7 on seven drills?

He was involved in some of them, matched up against LaFell and LaFell did a good job against him (although Gamble didn't appear to be trying too hard).

I know it's early, but the most disheartening news today is undoubtedly how Hogan performed or rather how he didn't perform. We don't know if he's fully recovered, but he must be close if not already there if he's seeing field time (granted even not in pads)

It's early, but let's be honest... It's not a good sign. Hate to be negative on such a great day (and this next statement goes against even what I initially thought about Hogan) but maybe it's another bad Gamble by Hurney and Co on draft day... Much like Otah... However at least Otah gave us some premium time and at a premium level. He just couldn't maintain. Hogan needs to step up... And like the rest of you, I hope he does. Players can have bad days. Let's just hope that this is what it was.

1 person likes this

Hardy is huge. Holy fug.

Great recap Catman thanks!

1 person likes this

yeah, the guys just bigger than peppers. pep always looked like a big basketball player.

hardy's just a big guy.

Yes, different build... anyone who doubts he weighs 299 should look at the pic I posted of him next to Fua and McClain (who are both 300 lb + guys).

Edit: sorry, technical issues with the vid I'm trying to post... stay tuned.

Hardy looked like a monster out there today. at one point he was just entertaining himself by punching the crap out of the dummies.

I've been curious how he looked with the supposed weight gain.. I expect more good things from him this year..

anyone see if Hogan's knee was bothering him? last I heard it wasn't 100% and sounds like it's still an issue...

Yeah Medlock did one really cool thing. He put the ball in line with the goal post. He kicked it and it swerved through kind of like a rugby try. Probably a worthless talent but fun to watch.