Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Catman's mini-camp practice observations...

157 posts in this topic

Great recap Catman thanks!

1 person likes this

yeah, the guys just bigger than peppers. pep always looked like a big basketball player.

hardy's just a big guy.

Yes, different build... anyone who doubts he weighs 299 should look at the pic I posted of him next to Fua and McClain (who are both 300 lb + guys).

Edit: sorry, technical issues with the vid I'm trying to post... stay tuned.

Hardy looked like a monster out there today. at one point he was just entertaining himself by punching the crap out of the dummies.

I've been curious how he looked with the supposed weight gain.. I expect more good things from him this year..

anyone see if Hogan's knee was bothering him? last I heard it wasn't 100% and sounds like it's still an issue...

Yeah Medlock did one really cool thing. He put the ball in line with the goal post. He kicked it and it swerved through kind of like a rugby try. Probably a worthless talent but fun to watch.

Guys I'm having fun reading this as much as anyone but don't get to caught up in Norman and Hogan. As Allen Iverson would say it's practice! The reciever is always going to have an advantage when it's single coverage with infinite time.

That's a good point about Cam running. There was no contact but he couldn't find recievers on a few plays. I'm not worried at all the Panthers had us doom and gloom over the preseason last year and then they opened the playbook for week 1.

Is Hardy playing more inside this year? He'll probably be 300 by camp, a 300 pound 4-3 DE?

I only saw him line up outside but moving inside would probably be in a blitz scenario. They aren't going to show many blitzes in open practice.

Is Hardy playing more inside this year? He'll probably be 300 by camp, a 300 pound 4-3 DE?

Yes Hardy can move inside. CJ as well. In certain situations. I like how Hardy looks right now. He definitely has the frame to handle the extra lbs.

Imo, Hardy is not going to do anything to hinder his Beast mode. If he feels he can be effective at this weight, and Rivera is on board as well, I say bring it on MFers.

One more thought, this will be his third year. The year most players seem to make thier biggest improvement. All things seem to be aligning quite nicely at the moment. This is also year three for Lafell and Gettis. And I guess we can throw in Butler as well. I think it should be reasonable to expect bigger things from these guys at this stage of their careers.

Ah, good times a'comin'. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1