Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Catman's mini-camp practice observations...

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#61 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Here's another vid:

Posted Image

#62 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Not holding you to it Catman, but if you had to guess, would you think Medlock beats out Mare for the kicking job?

I really hope he does... With that kind of range, the accuracy he showed in the CFL, and the age difference, I really don't know why we would keep Mare over him.

#63 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Not holding you to it Catman, but if you had to guess, would you think Medlock beats out Mare for the kicking job?

I really hope he does... With that kind of range, the accuracy he showed in the CFL, and the age difference, I really don't know why we would keep Mare over him.

Based on what I saw today I could see Medlock beating out Mare.

#64 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

youtube or gtfo :)

#65 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,705 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Based on what I saw today I could see Medlock beating out Mare.

So did Silatolu look big in person? His cavs and arms look huge in photos.

#66 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

I tried to send you a PM, but it said your inbox was full. Essentially, a big thanks for making these threads because they mean a lot for people like me who can't attend.

This. It's tough being a Panthers fan in Colorado. I used to go to a lot of training camp action back when I lived in Huntersville.

#67 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Here's a vid I shot (sorry, quality not very good)

Posted Image

Hardy does look huge. Hoping foe a big year from him.

Also noticed Alexander's long arms..he'll be good around the edge and batting down passes.

#68 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Here's another vid:

Posted Image

Fua held his ground pretty nice...the other DT got blown up I couldn't see who it was...not full out contact though so hard to judge.

#69 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Fua held his ground pretty nice...the other DT got blown up I couldn't see who it was...not full out contact though so hard to judge.

anyone pretending they know how two 3rd round rookie DTs are going to fair after being thrown in the fire their 1st year is showing how ignorant they are to the game..

#70 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,953 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Different guys practice at different speeds. Some guys are trying to make the team, others are trying to stay healthy.

#71 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

anyone pretending they know how two 3rd round rookie DTs are going to fair after being thrown in the fire their 1st year is showing how ignorant they are to the game..

I'm not saying I know how they're going to fair...just observing one play in minicamp lol chill

#72 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

• Josh Norman did impress, they had him matched up with Smitty quite a bit today and he held is own. On one play he kept Smitty from catching a pass in the endzone and then stared him down with a grin on his face... Smitty ignored him and jogged back to the huddle.

This is what I want to see from our young guys, making a play against a guy like Smith and letting him know about it. We need more of that confidence, whether it be justified or border line arrogance as a D. The thing that I like about Norman from the few Coastal games that I have seen the kid seems like a gambler, I have been waiting for someone in the secondary who feels confident in their abilities and is not scared to roll the dice instead of watching WR's catch the ball and then TRYING to tackle them.

#73 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm not saying I know how they're going to fair...just observing one play in minicamp lol chill

I should have clarified, I was referring to your comment that Fua looked half decent..

#74 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

I should have clarified, I was referring to your comment that Fua looked half decent..

Trying to say last year isn't a good indicator on how well they can play? If that's what your saying then I agree, they can still be fine players

#75 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

So did Silatolu look big in person? His cavs and arms look huge in photos.

Yup, in another thread I described Silatolu as a "wall of muscle" after seeing him up close... he's a big boy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com