Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivan The Awesome

Question for the married Huddlers.

110 posts in this topic

From age 15-22 I fugged almost anything that moved.

hahahaha..this was me...Met my husband when I was 23..dated for 3.5 years..broke up for 6-7 months..got back together and got married 3 months later..8 years later..we're still together... He's my best friend in the entire world. We don't have kids so maybe that's why we kick so much ass and we don't hate or resent each other :)

Met my wife when I was 23. She is 4th serious relationship. Not sure how many women just dated. Getting married never really crossed my mind until, "I'm late." Happily married since with the occasional, "F*ck you,".

That said, I wouldn't rush it. Things change when you are married with child. There's a certain beauty to being single. Watching Braveheart and seeing Mel Gibson scream out "Freedom!" has new meaning after being married for awhile. There's a certain freedom you lose once you take that next step. But if you find that right person, it's a loss that is worth losing. You marry the wrong person and I'm sure you will be screaming freedom as soon as the papers are finalized.

The few single friends that I do have...ugh..every time they go thru the dating BS I think to myself "Thank God I don't have to deal with that poo anymore"

hahahaha..this was me...Met my husband when I was 23..dated for 3.5 years..broke up for 6-7 months..got back together and got married 3 months later..8 years later..we're still together... He's my best friend in the entire world. We don't have kids so maybe that's why we kick so much ass and we don't hate or resent each other :)

Damn, where was I when you were 21? ;)

Started dating my wife at 13, married at 19, getting divorced after 19 years of marriage and in fact going to make it official on the our 19th anniversary date in a couple months. No regrets, I have learned a lot. Biggest thing I have learned is who you are at 20 is not who you will be at 30, 40 etc....people change, things change, and life changes.

Although the single life is pretty bad a$$, I loved being married and know exactly what I want the second time around and won't settle for anything less. I am no rush though. I am 38 now and my master plan is to give it another shot in my 50's. If the right one comes around before that, than fine but I certainly am not looking. If I never get married again that will be fine also, but I think there is nothing better than being in a great marriage with someone who essentially is your best friend and when that person comes around you will know they are the right one.

It's simple, Don't rush it!

I did it all. Dated a girl for 5 years from 17-22, went off the radar for a couple years, then started dating/getting with some questionable girls (skanks, crazies etc).

When I decided I wasn't going to pursue girls anymore and just let them come to me I met my wife. Something good happens when you take the pressure off of finding "the one".

Didn't hurt that I was in a band. There's your answer, learn an instrument and join a band. Problem solved.

I married the first girl willing to touch my naughty bits.

Things are going well so far.

Jase...so many of us here have watched you grow up here at the huddle *single tear* I am honored to be one of them *single tear*

I've been married for 18 years... Still going but It's not easy... Our main issue is that we were too young and got married more for the idea of being married. It's up and down, but the stability is nice. Lots of good advice here, mainly the don't rush it and if you're not 110% sure parts...

Biscuit, how old were you when you got hitched?

Jase...so many of us here have watched you grow up here at the huddle *single tear* I am honored to be one of them *single tear*

Two separate single tears? Is that like a double rainbow?

This may surprise some people, but in 3 weeks I will have been married for 5 weeks, I mean years.

1 person likes this