but thats union jobs and lets face it people in unions are not actual people

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Unions are actual people. They don't like having "have a job/pay the dues" gun held to their head. Wisconsin is proof of that. People like choice.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Wait till they are all replaced by people willing to do the same work for less or get outsourced to a private contractor. This is inevitable.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Unions are actual people. They don't like having "have a job/pay the dues" gun held to their head. Wisconsin is proof of that. People like choice.

http://www.forbes.co...e-billionaires/

yea, that's what wisconsin is proof of.

#20 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

If you give people a choice in paying for anything, they're usually going to opt not to pay. If people were given a choice to pay taxes, we'd be Greece.

If you asked most of those people that have now stopped paying union dues whether they supported the existence of their union, their responses would have been yes.

#21 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Corporations are actual people. They don't like having "pay living wages/benefits" gun held to their head. Wisconsin is proof of that. Corporations like choice.

edited for accuracy.

#22 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

There are alot of policies and procedures in america that could use some repair. but the way in which we do that is where you must be careful. and if that means signing bills into regulation so that we can find out what's in them is your idea of progress...., well you can kiss my revisionist past ass.

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

If you look at a list of states and how they are performing economically, it appears that republican or democrat don't really matter. Red state stalwarts such as Wyoming and North Dakota are doing very well, as are blue states like Maryland and Oregon. Many factors come into play, politics is only one and its not necessarily the biggest one.

#24 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

If you give people a choice in paying for anything, they're usually going to opt not to pay. If people were given a choice to pay taxes, we'd be Greece.

If you asked most of those people that have now stopped paying union dues whether they supported the existence of their union, their responses would have been yes.

Maybe they don't know any better? We'll have to see how they feel a year or two from now.

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Maybe they don't know any better? We'll have to see how they feel a year or two from now.

Posted Image

#26 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Romney is going to win, they already decided that at the Bilderberg meeting. Haha, as much as I wish I was being sarcastic, I'm really not.

Not that it matters since Obama is a shitty president, and hasnt done one thing that has benefited the 99%. The Healthcare legislation was a distraction, besides, it sucked anyway because it wasnt free, and it was never meant to be put into action anyway, because Romney has promised to get rid of it as soon as he takes office.

I also think that Romney will finish what Reagan, GHWB and GWB never completed, which is the destruction of every government regulation of the banking and corporate sectors that helped America to build a middle class. Look at his record at Bain Capital. His job was to go into a company, fire all of the employess, and liquidate all of the assets for the banks.

Not to mention that he wants to attack Iran and finish our conquest of the oil reserves. (At least Obama is holding off until the election)

So, to choose between that and the banker-puppet Obama, and you will start to understand the deep poo that we are in.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,558 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, I feel much better about Obama winning now.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Not that it matters since Obama is a shitty president, and hasnt done one thing that has benefited the 99%. The Healthcare legislation was a distraction, besides, it sucked anyway because it wasnt free, and it was never meant to be put into action anyway, because Romney has promised to get rid of it as soon as he takes office.

honestly regardless of what you say in the rest of your post, I really disagree with this. Even if you actually think that Obama hasn't done enough, he has helped people outside the very richest in this country with his stimulus packages which have preserved jobs and brought new jobs to some states (like Ohio). While he may not have directly benefited you, he has helped other members of the 99%. I understand feeling like he hasn't done enough, but I think you are reasonable enough to recognize he has not only tried but has at least succeeded in some areas. Of course, he also helped the very wealthy with his policies, too - but I don't think we need to be in a situation where we can only ever help the 99% by directly punishing the 99%.

Even if you are right about the other stuff, Obama DID try to get health care reform going and I think he is worth some commendation for that - because if the goal was to repeal it right away once the President the big bad guys want in power gets in, then at least Obama went against what they wanted because it makes no sense for the big bads to let him do it only to be replaced - it gets them nothing, imo.

#29 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

If you look at a list of states and how they are performing economically, it appears that republican or democrat don't really matter. Red state stalwarts such as Wyoming and North Dakota are doing very well, as are blue states like Maryland and Oregon. Many factors come into play, politics is only one and its not necessarily the biggest one.

This, this, this. Even Ohio's governor credits Obama for a large part of his state's recovery. That isn't to say "he did it alone" or whatever, but there is so much more going on here than just "What party is the governor in?!"

#30 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Romney is going to win, they already decided that at the Bilderberg meeting. Haha, as much as I wish I was being sarcastic, I'm really not.

I also think that Romney will finish what Reagan, GHWB and GWB never completed, which is the destruction of every government regulation of the banking and corporate sectors that helped America to build a middle class. Look at his record at Bain Capital. His job was to go into a company, fire all of the employess, and liquidate all of the assets for the banks.

Not to mention that he wants to attack Iran and finish our conquest of the oil reserves. (At least Obama is holding off until the election)

So, to choose between that and the banker-puppet Obama, and you will start to understand the deep poo that we are in.

i don't actually believe romney will win but the accelerationist in me is hoping for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com