Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith interview on 93.3

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Chaos' timestamp='1339775035' post='1802259']
We know #89 and #1 are off the table for anyone else. Any others?
[/quote]
Carolina doesn't retire numbers but I think Jackie Miles has some that are off the table for now. Not sure he would hand out a 17 if someone wants it for some time

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Frizzy350' timestamp='1339775534' post='1802265']

Wouldn't be surprised if Minter's got retired, but I believe that should of happened by now.
[/quote]

They gave his number out right after he retired
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Chaos' timestamp='1339775035' post='1802259']
We know #89 and #1 are off the table for anyone else. Any others?
[/quote]

52, 20, and 69 could get retired. . . . depends on a lot of things though right

[quote name='Frizzy350' timestamp='1339775534' post='1802265']
Wouldn't be surprised if Minter's got retired, but I believe that should of happened by now.
[/quote]

I dont think Minter was quite special enough to have his number retired, but he is currently my favorite retired Panther. I wish we had a safety as cold as that now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Razeyfingers' timestamp='1339778283' post='1802312']

52, 20, and 69 could get retired. . . . depends on a lot of things though right

I dont think Minter was quite special enough to have his number retired, but he is currently my favorite retired Panther. I wish we had a safety as cold as that now.
[/quote]

You can't retire numbers for every pro bowl caliber player...

Imagine if the older franchises did that....they wouldn't have numbers to hand out today

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1339778861' post='1802320']
You can't retire numbers for every pro bowl caliber player...

Imagine if the older franchises did that....they wouldn't have numbers to hand out today
[/quote]

for sure, those guys have to take a step up from being pro bowl caliber to "special" for it to happen. They would all have to take it up a notch.

Posted · Report post

The only number that should be retired from the past decade or into the foreseeable future should be #89. Gross, Gamble, Beason, Cam, none of them have done what 89 has done to this point. Maybe 20 years from now #1 will be retired, but only Smitty right now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Razeyfingers' timestamp='1339778976' post='1802323']

for sure, those guys have to take a step up from being pro bowl caliber to "special" for it to happen. They would all have to take it up a notch.
[/quote]

Well, I think the special step occurs earlier in careers than where Gross or Gamble are at. Smitty for example, it occured his 2nd season as a full time starter.

Smitty and Pep....and possibly Cam now are the only ones IMO to at least hint they have that real special quality. Love Beason, but he is more of a working mans type player. More heart than freak ability.....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Montsta' timestamp='1339780149' post='1802345']
The only number that should be retired from the past decade or into the foreseeable future should be #89. Gross, Gamble, Beason, Cam, none of them have done what 89 has done to this point. Maybe 20 years from now #1 will be retired, but only Smitty right now.
[/quote]

This +Kasay.

Posted · Report post

not kasay.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1339780303' post='1802349']

This +Kasay.
[/quote]

You don't retire a Ks number. That shows how young our franchise is when something like that has a bandwagon

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1339780287' post='1802348']
Well, I think the special step occurs earlier in careers than where Gross or Gamble are at. Smitty for example, it occured his 2nd season as a full time starter.

Smitty and Pep....and possibly Cam now are the only ones IMO to at least hint they have that real special quality. Love Beason, but he is more of a working mans type player. More heart than freak ability.....
[/quote]

Idk, certain games weigh heavier than others and those games can come at anytime. If youre consitently good and then throw some magical performances in big games. . . you'll never be forgotten.

and as for as the Beast goes . . Heart and leadership will get you a number retired if you have the career to back it up.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1339780390' post='1802351']
You don't retire a Ks number.
[/quote]esp. for your first official retired jersey as an organization.