#16 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I mentioned in another thread a while back that Hardy often had a gassed look to him during games last year. Whether it was hands on the hips or even his body language when he'd come off the field he just looked a little out of breath, moreso than most guys do when they take a breather. This isn't to turn this into an argument over his weight or his stamina or anything, just an observation.

However, this could be one of the reasons that the FO took Kuechly instead of a guy like Coples. They may have decided Hardy can be a dominant beast, but only when his tank isn't on empty obviously. Also coincides with what some guys said about Rivera not wanting Hardy to play too heavy last year. Time will tell but I'd rather have a fresh Greg Hardy for 70% of snaps than a tired one for 90%.

Adding extra weight will not help him if he has issues with getting gassed. People see someone bulk up in the NFL and think its a good thing but most of the time it isn't.

#17 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Adding extra weight will not help him if he has issues with getting gassed. People see someone bulk up in the NFL and think its a good thing but most of the time it isn't.

if it is true, there's no way he stays 300 halfway through the season...

edit: then again... maybe he can..

“He’s always been big. Now he’s bigger,” Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. “And the weight he’s gained is good weight.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

“He’s put on some weight and kept the same quickness. He shows the desire. He’s done everything to show you that he wants to be very, very good,” Hurney said. “He’s improved. I think the offseason’s helped him a lot. … He’s just got a special knack as far as rushing the passer.”
Rivera talked excitedly about Hardy on Thursday, starting in with praise for him before a reporter could finish a question.
“He’s put a lot of muscle on. He’s only got 14 percent body fat. So we’re pretty excited about what he’s done this offseason. He’s had a great one,” Rivera said. “Last year he had the accident before camp. Him spending the entire offseason here was tremendous. And I’m real excited about what he can become as a football player.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hardy will break out this year, with pressure coming from Alexander, Applewhite, and Keiser I expect Greg to play like he did in the first four games of last season throughout the entire season this year. He also has that added extra weight so he can now add some more moves (bull rush) to his already pretty good arsenal of moves. I think Hardy really turns it on this year.

Prediction: 8 to 10 sacks, 60 to 70 tackles, 2-3 forced fumbles, and maybe 1 interception. Also don't forget, Hardy averages 1 safety per year so hopefully he can add another one this year.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

i expect that the bookends of johnson and hardy will be brutal this year.

now if we could only get our DTs to occupy 3-4 blockers we'd be set.

#20 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hardy will break out this year, with pressure coming from Alexander, Applewhite, and Keiser I expect Greg to play like he did in the first four games of last season throughout the entire season this year. He also has that added extra weight so he can now add some more moves (bull rush) to his already pretty good arsenal of moves. I think Hardy really turns it on this year.

Prediction: 8 to 10 sacks, 60 to 70 tackles, 2-3 forced fumbles, and maybe 1 interception. Also don't forget, Hardy averages 1 safety per year so hopefully he can add another one this year.

Don't forget the batted balls. He seems to have a knack for that.

#21 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

i expect that the bookends of johnson and hardy will be brutal this year.

now if we could only get our DTs to occupy 3-4 blockers we'd be set.

I'd be happy if they could just occupy 2, it'd be an improvement.

#22 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

#23 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

i remember when rivera said Hardy was doing well at the beginning of the season but was not doing exactly what rivera wanted him to do in the "System".

notice when hardy started to drop off statically our defense started to become a little better. since our DT situation was terrible, hardy had to do some extra thins that he wouldnt normally have to do. rivera had to work with what he had and he used hardy for his scmeme rather that use hardy like a typical DE. (probably pinching, crashing to help condense or clog up the middle. the guy is a beast and he could bull people and make a pile)

this year our DT situation will most likely be better, and hardy will do what he started to do in thee 2011 season bedfore rivera finally convinced him to work scematically.

im tellin ya fellas. IM RIGHT lol

#24 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,810 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

actually is a great read....
but some of our experts in here say he didn't go up to 300ish...that it will hurt him if he did...that he won't maintain it...that he doesn't want to be that weight...that the coaches don't want him there...yada yada yada.

talking out of one's ass is quite common. Lol

#25 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

It seems to be a membership requirement around here these days.

#26 BuckNaked

BuckNaked

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I hope he has the success he deserves. I met him in the middle of the lockout last year at boardwalk billy's. He is completely down to earth and genuine guy. The bar was packed and I was the only one in the whole place who recognized him so maybee that helped but he signed my Panthers hoodie and talked to me for a good while. He did have some fine ladies with him but dude really just as cool he could be. I would love for him to pan out because a down to earth superstar along with the other amazing athletes on this team could really take us to the top of the food chain.

#27 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

No offseason last year, he had little training camp/bike wreck.....Sounds like he has been working hard, adding 20 lbs of muscle. This could be a big year for him.

#28 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

i just hope he's weighing 299 like he says

#29 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I mentioned in another thread a while back that Hardy often had a gassed look to him during games last year. Whether it was hands on the hips or even his body language when he'd come off the field he just looked a little out of breath, moreso than most guys do when they take a breather. This isn't to turn this into an argument over his weight or his stamina or anything, just an observation.

However, this could be one of the reasons that the FO took Kuechly instead of a guy like Coples. They may have decided Hardy can be a dominant beast, but only when his tank isn't on empty obviously. Also coincides with what some guys said about Rivera not wanting Hardy to play too heavy last year. Time will tell but I'd rather have a fresh Greg Hardy for 70% of snaps than a tired one for 90%.

that actually makes sense. if spent our top 10 pick on coples, we'd basically be stating that coples needs to start. anyone you take with a top 10 pick outside of quarterback is expected to be an immediate starter. we probably thought it was better value to just draft a guy who could spell hardy, and let hardy continue to develop and be either a solid starter or breakout player.

kuechly will also help mask some of those difficulties defending the run.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

:lol: too true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com