Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanuqoftheNorth

Fundamentalist Christians are the Village Idiots?

Seems a BIT too conspiracy theorist, but the conclusion is true. Religion has historically been, and is currently being used to control the masses by the powers that be. The quicker people wake up from this illusion, the better off we'll all be. Our allegiance shouldn't be to anything but what is right. Saying my allegiance goes to America is no better than the Christians saying their allegiance goes to their god, or the Muslims doing the same with their god. I pledge allegiance to nothing but truth and justice. I know, I sound like Captain America, but it's the truth and it's, IMO, the way all people should be thinking. The two things that drive us, as a human race, apart are religion and nationalism. In order to unify nationally and globally, we all have to work together for what is RIGHT.

Then again, I'm just a crazy secular humanist. What do I know?

Organized religion is, and has always been, a tool to control the masses.

Has worked for Gore.

Has worked for Gore.

I see you're still confused about the difference between scientific fact and religious faith.

The mortal enemy of faith is knowledge.

A post bashing religion? That almost never happens in the tinderbox. Glad you guys are setting such an example of how to be tolerant of those that disagreee with you. :)

Calling a group "the village idiot" (or asking if they are the village idiot) is of course an excellent example of tolerance.

I usually avoid these religion bashing threads because they generally are an exercise in futility and don't make for a very interesting debate, but I guess I was just bored today though. But its time to go out and mow the grass and I will post no more in this thread, so please feel free to continue practicing the same thing the other side does.