Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fundamentalist Christians are the Village Idiots?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Calling a group "the village idiot" (or asking if they are the village idiot) is of course an excellent example of tolerance.

I usually avoid these religion bashing threads because they generally are an exercise in futility and don't make for a very interesting debate, but I guess I was just bored today though. But its time to go out and mow the grass and I will post no more in this thread, so please feel free to continue practicing the same thing the other side does.

Posted

Don't be fooled. Libs are the most intolerant folks on earth

Posted

Calling a group "the village idiot" (or asking if they are the village idiot) is of course an excellent example of tolerance.

I usually avoid these religion bashing threads because they generally are an exercise in futility and don't make for a very interesting debate, but I guess I was just bored today though. But its time to go out and mow the grass and I will post no more in this thread, so please feel free to continue practicing the same thing the other side does.

No one in this thread called fundies the village idiot, the man in the OP's video did.

Posted

The problem is, most southern christians forget that Jesus had a jew fro and a crook nose! One guy I talked to acted like adam and eve was white! Civilzation started in Iraq they weren't blue eyed people like some idiots think, if they even existed.

Posted

Fundamentalists ARE the village idiots though. Sorry. KNOWLEDGE contradicts their beliefs that they intend to force on everybody else. They say the facts are wrong because they don't side with them. It's not being intolerant. It's describing exactly what they are being. Idiots.

A thread talking about how great religion is is PERFECTLY fine. A thread criticizing it and offering an opposing idea is just intolerance. Hypocrisy is not a pretty color.

If you're a fundamentalist, then maybe you should rethink what you believe. If you're more of a moderate Christian, then maybe you need to get a new title for your religion other than Christian, and a new book to selectively cite. You see, I lump Christians together. Just like I lump all KKK members together. Here is what I mean. If somebody says they are Christian, then I take it that they believe in the same god that people across history of the same title believed in. Just like if somebody says they are in the KKK, I take it that they mean JUST like the other KKK members across history. They can say "I think that the white race is superior, but I just want to make the world better for whites. I don't want to harm any other race of people at all". Sorry, that doesn't work. If you subscribe to that organization, to me and the rest of the world, you're a racist poo head.

I'm not lumping you in with the crazy fundamentalists. You are.

1 person likes this

Posted

In these times, the religous folks are generally not the aggressors. They typically are trying to keep society from changing. The change agents are the aggressors.

Posted

In these times, the religous folks are generally not the aggressors. They typically are trying to keep society from changing. The change agents are the aggressors.

Yeah. Christians trying to prevent homosexuals from being happy or the religious trying to get creationism in public schools. That isn't the religious being the aggressors. Having the ten commandments on court house properties. That isn't the religious being hte aggressors. Even if they are trying to keep society from ADVANCING, that STILL makes THEM the aggressors. They are trying to get everybody to behave like THEY want them to according to THEIR belief system.

Posted

Yeah. Christians trying to prevent homosexuals from being happy or the religious trying to get creationism in public schools. That isn't the religious being the aggressors. Having the ten commandments on court house properties. That isn't the religious being hte aggressors. Even if they are trying to keep society from ADVANCING, that STILL makes THEM the aggressors. They are trying to get everybody to behave like THEY want them to according to THEIR belief system.

Pretty weak, even from you.

Keeping marriage the same, keeping ten commandments the same. Not the aggressor, not the change agents. Try again

Posted

Maybe so. The cabal that rules us, soon to be unveiled as the New World Order, are atheists (though some claim they are Luciferian).

Even though they are athiests, they are more than willing to stir up religious fundamentalism if it helps them to achieve their goals. (example = using Israel as an excuse to start wars)

They want to use religion as a weapon to use against us. If you dont believe me, look up "Project Blue Beam" which is a CIA operation intended to use lasers and sophisticated lights as a way to make "Holy signs" appear in the sky... When that happens, I think a lot of confused Christians are going to go apeshit thinking that it is time to march to the holy land for Armageddon.

Posted

Pretty weak, even from you.

Keeping marriage the same, keeping ten commandments the same. Not the aggressor, not the change agents. Try again

No. Treaty of tripoli states that the US is not in any way founded on the Christian religion and the US Constitution states that there is a separation of church and state. The words "in god we trust" were not included on paper money until 1956, the words "under god" were not put into the pledge until 1954. That's being the aggressor. Try again.

The religious have historically been the aggressor. See also, the inquisition, the holy wars, 30 years war, etc.

Keeping marriage the same? Really? So it has ALWAYS been a heterosexual, monogamous union? If you honestly think that the definition of marriage has never been altered, you're an idiot.

Posted

There is a difference between Christians and Christianists (or a s I like to call them American Taliban)

Posted

There is a difference between Christians and Christianists (or a s I like to call them American Taliban)

If someone actually reads the New Testament, they will realize that Jesus tried to spread a message of peace, and turning the other cheek.

But that has never stopped people from being able to convince people to go to war in the name of Christianity... Look at how the elite in the middle ages were able to convince Christians to fight in the Crusades. It is especially rediculous when history revealed to us that the Crusades were planned by the Kings and Popes in Europe in order to steal the wealth from the Holy land.