Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Fundamentalist Christians are the Village Idiots?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

The problem is, most southern christians forget that Jesus had a jew fro and a crook nose! One guy I talked to acted like adam and eve was white! Civilzation started in Iraq they weren't blue eyed people like some idiots think, if they even existed.

#17 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Calling a group "the village idiot" (or asking if they are the village idiot) is of course an excellent example of tolerance.

I usually avoid these religion bashing threads because they generally are an exercise in futility and don't make for a very interesting debate, but I guess I was just bored today though. But its time to go out and mow the grass and I will post no more in this thread, so please feel free to continue practicing the same thing the other side does.

Fundamentalists ARE the village idiots though. Sorry. KNOWLEDGE contradicts their beliefs that they intend to force on everybody else. They say the facts are wrong because they don't side with them. It's not being intolerant. It's describing exactly what they are being. Idiots.

A thread talking about how great religion is is PERFECTLY fine. A thread criticizing it and offering an opposing idea is just intolerance. Hypocrisy is not a pretty color.

If you're a fundamentalist, then maybe you should rethink what you believe. If you're more of a moderate Christian, then maybe you need to get a new title for your religion other than Christian, and a new book to selectively cite. You see, I lump Christians together. Just like I lump all KKK members together. Here is what I mean. If somebody says they are Christian, then I take it that they believe in the same god that people across history of the same title believed in. Just like if somebody says they are in the KKK, I take it that they mean JUST like the other KKK members across history. They can say "I think that the white race is superior, but I just want to make the world better for whites. I don't want to harm any other race of people at all". Sorry, that doesn't work. If you subscribe to that organization, to me and the rest of the world, you're a racist poo head.

I'm not lumping you in with the crazy fundamentalists. You are.

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

In these times, the religous folks are generally not the aggressors. They typically are trying to keep society from changing. The change agents are the aggressors.

#19 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

In these times, the religous folks are generally not the aggressors. They typically are trying to keep society from changing. The change agents are the aggressors.

Yeah. Christians trying to prevent homosexuals from being happy or the religious trying to get creationism in public schools. That isn't the religious being the aggressors. Having the ten commandments on court house properties. That isn't the religious being hte aggressors. Even if they are trying to keep society from ADVANCING, that STILL makes THEM the aggressors. They are trying to get everybody to behave like THEY want them to according to THEIR belief system.

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Yeah. Christians trying to prevent homosexuals from being happy or the religious trying to get creationism in public schools. That isn't the religious being the aggressors. Having the ten commandments on court house properties. That isn't the religious being hte aggressors. Even if they are trying to keep society from ADVANCING, that STILL makes THEM the aggressors. They are trying to get everybody to behave like THEY want them to according to THEIR belief system.

Pretty weak, even from you.

Keeping marriage the same, keeping ten commandments the same. Not the aggressor, not the change agents. Try again

#21 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Maybe so. The cabal that rules us, soon to be unveiled as the New World Order, are atheists (though some claim they are Luciferian).

Even though they are athiests, they are more than willing to stir up religious fundamentalism if it helps them to achieve their goals. (example = using Israel as an excuse to start wars)

They want to use religion as a weapon to use against us. If you dont believe me, look up "Project Blue Beam" which is a CIA operation intended to use lasers and sophisticated lights as a way to make "Holy signs" appear in the sky... When that happens, I think a lot of confused Christians are going to go apeshit thinking that it is time to march to the holy land for Armageddon.

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Keeping marriage the same, keeping ten commandments the same. Not the aggressor, not the change agents. Try again

No. Treaty of tripoli states that the US is not in any way founded on the Christian religion and the US Constitution states that there is a separation of church and state. The words "in god we trust" were not included on paper money until 1956, the words "under god" were not put into the pledge until 1954. That's being the aggressor. Try again.

The religious have historically been the aggressor. See also, the inquisition, the holy wars, 30 years war, etc.

Keeping marriage the same? Really? So it has ALWAYS been a heterosexual, monogamous union? If you honestly think that the definition of marriage has never been altered, you're an idiot.

#23 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

There is a difference between Christians and Christianists (or a s I like to call them American Taliban)

#24 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

There is a difference between Christians and Christianists (or a s I like to call them American Taliban)

If someone actually reads the New Testament, they will realize that Jesus tried to spread a message of peace, and turning the other cheek.

But that has never stopped people from being able to convince people to go to war in the name of Christianity... Look at how the elite in the middle ages were able to convince Christians to fight in the Crusades. It is especially rediculous when history revealed to us that the Crusades were planned by the Kings and Popes in Europe in order to steal the wealth from the Holy land.

#25 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

No, there isn't. Sure, methods may be different. Sure, the fundamentalists are NOT the same as the moderates. I agree with that. But the title is the same. It's the reason why American civilians are treated with so much hostility when they travel to certain countries. Our government has given us all a bad name. There is no distancing ourselves from that. It sucks, but it is reality.

#26 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

This guy has just said what needs to be said.
until we put these silly superstitions aside we will continue on this broken path.

#27 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Who in the fug is trying to change the ten commandments? I thought you were talking about government legislation and then you went all biblical. No one is trying to reprint the bible are they? Or are you saying that our government is or should be based on the 10 commandments, because I've got news for you......it's not. Anyone insisting that it is, or should be, is the aggressor, not the other way around.

#28 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

No, there isn't. Sure, methods may be different. Sure, the fundamentalists are NOT the same as the moderates. I agree with that. But the title is the same. It's the reason why American civilians are treated with so much hostility when they travel to certain countries. Our government has given us all a bad name. There is no distancing ourselves from that. It sucks, but it is reality.

You fail to see that the Christians who would follow the true teachings of Christ are really moderates. I believe they are a silent majority that get a bad rep because of all the Robinsons and other profiteers etc..

And Muslims are also divided into factions: moderates (example: Bosnia, Albania, Turkey [all of them US allies SURPRISE SURPRISE) and fundamentalists (Saudi Arabia)

Then you have Palestinians who are more likely to lean towards nationalism than religion. Palestinian Muslims and Christians are united in their hate towards Israel

#29 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

You fail to see that the Christians who would follow the true teachings of Christ are really moderates. I believe they are a silent majority that get a bad rep because of all the Robinsons and other profiteers etc..

And Muslims are also divided into factions: moderates (example: Bosnia, Albania, Turkey [all of them US allies SURPRISE SURPRISE) and fundamentalists (Saudi Arabia)

Then you have Palestinians who are more likely to lean towards nationalism than religion. Palestinian Muslims and Christians are united in their hate towards Israel

Ah, the No True Scotsman fallacy to start things off. And the moderates are a majority? Really? You do realize the number of states that voted on a marriage amendment that bans gay marriage/civil unions, right? You do realize the only reason cited is "the bible/god says so", right? That's not "moderate" behavior. That is fundamentalist behavior.

I know there are moderates in all religions. I accept that. The moderates are just as much the problem, since they lend credence to the fundamentalist assholes. They can sit back and say, "see, there are a LOT of people that share the same basic principles as me. I just take it a bit further to please god." And then they get to cite the number of Christians in the country, without differentiating who the fundies and moderates are, and say "we're the majority, suck it". THAT is the problem.

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

that doesn't even make sense... the problem then is the fundamentalists and others grouping people into their beliefs who don't actually believe what they do. The problem isn't religion there, the problem is grouping people into too broad of categories and drawing conclusions about the group. I also think you are smarter than to say "The world does it to Americans, I'm going to do it to Christians!" Are you saying you are no better than the average person in your ability to differentiate sides to an issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com