Photo
- - - - -

Same Sex Couples' Suing NC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
196 replies to this topic

#193 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

If black people don't like jim crow maybe they should just pack up and leave.

#194 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

The most recent federal district court ruling that overturned prop 8 suggested that Loving v. Virginia should apply to gay marriage, too. It is obviously somewhat in contradiction with previous rulings, so we'll see... likely to hit the Supreme Court.

I do think that this is hurting and will hurt Republicans more and more as time passes. For not, it isn't a huge deal, but it is a tipping point for some Americans and while it may not be a huge issue in this election, I think it will continue to increase in importance if Republicans continue to pander to ultra social conservatives, especially as most young people are quite in favor of it... but who knows, maybe people won't care enough. I do think it isn't a major motivating issue right now though.

Just my opinion, but I think the thing that is really going to hurt republicans down the road is shifting demographics. Hispanics, Asians, and Blacks make up an ever increasing portion of the population, and republicans are going to have to find a way to appeal to them more than they do now. Doing that without alienating their existing base is going to be a neat trick.

#195 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yeah, I think that the Republicans will increasingly be seen as the party of Christian straight white males if they aren't careful. You are right that the larger groups alienated will be those you mention.

#196 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

Church of England fyi...

made me lol.

#197 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, I think that the Republicans will increasingly be seen as the party of Christian straight white males if they aren't careful. You are right that the larger groups alienated will be those you mention.

lol @ "increasingly be seen"

farrrrrrr too late for that, kemosabe...