• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#61 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,382 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

I hate this video so much. It is no different than saying, "I hate fast food, but love McDonald's". Christianity is not about a "relationship" anymore than Islam is a "relationship". It's a religion. No matter how badly you don't want it to be. Not to mention the pure hypocrisy of Jesus calling anybody a fool, since it is mentioned in the bible to not call anybody a fool or suffer hell as consequence. All that video is is platitudes.

Who are you to dictate how someone believes. It's obvious you grew up in a fundy household don't push your skewed view of Christianity on others just because your "teachers" had a fugged up belief system.

#62 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Lightsout proves that all atheists are ignorant trilobites. Perhaps they should change their names as to not be associated with him.

What I think is so humorous about this is that Lightsout acts, and sounds just like those he vilifies, just from the complete opposite perspective.

#63 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

I think another reality is that while there is likely an overall majority in the country that is in favor of gay marriage, I think those that oppose are vastly more enthusiastic than those that support it. I think that is why you see these marriage bans etc - because while Joe Average might in fact not give a poo if Mary and Jane get married and may even support them being able to, he may not care enough about them getting married to vote.

Sad, but I think true.

This.

I'd say that 9/10 Americans could care less about the issue & would say to each his own. But they also could care less about wasting their time to vote for someone else's cause. Then you have the 10% who are hell bent against it & are only worried with shoving their beliefs down everyones throat.

#64 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

This.

I'd say that 9/10 Americans could care less about the issue & would say to each his own. But they also could care less about wasting their time to vote for someone else's cause. Then you have the 10% who are hell bent against it & are only worried with shoving their beliefs down everyones throat.

Your missing the % of people that are for it.

#65 B wood

B wood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Your missing the % of people that are for it.

If everyone voted it would pass in every single state. Most people live & let live. Most people aren't concerned with how others live their lives. Then you have christians.

#66 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

If everyone voted it would pass in every single state. Most people live & let live. Most people aren't concerned with how others live their lives. Then you have christians.

You still have 10% against, and 90% that don't give a poo, so basically your numbers say that no one is really for it.

#67 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

You can deny it until your death but religion has always and will always be the spearhead of hatred.

#68 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Again, if somebody says they're in the KKK, but they don't condone the killing or marginalization of other races, that doesn't matter. Sure, they may be distancing themselves from the "bad" of the KKK and focusing on purely on preserving the white race, but they still have to carry that stigma of the KKK as long as they hold the title of being a member of that organization. Explain to me how religion is any different.

Well has far as Christianity goes our doctrines condem hate. So others who are claiming to be Christians but acting in a non Christian way should define me? Does that make sense? Why not generalize all races? There are "white trash" caucasions so therefore we should all be considered so? Are blacks all "thugs" because of the ones who are? Do you know the figures of how many claim to Christian to the the number of people who attend Church every Sunday and Wednesday? Their is a huge margin of error there. By The Book your not a christian because you go to church. You have to be saved and if your saved you will be at church when church happens and you will exhibit Christ like values. If you see someone not behaving this way chances are they are Christian in name only.
You may be athiest but if the Devil was real do you think he would not want a great many deal of "decievers" out there to smear the Christian name? Don't even get me started on "placebo" Christians which are the ones whom you all have a problem with. To understand this you have to read the book and find god yourself.

I will not defy Jesus before you all, because he will defy me before God if I do.

Thats all I got, sorry for bad grammer I'm not a writer, God bless

#69 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,896 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

That being said, anyone who thinks these amendments are passing just because of fundamentalist christians is wrong imo. These amendments are passing everywhere they are introduced, including blue states like California. The US, fundamentalist christian or otherwise, is still a socially conservative country.

In my opinion, if you think that the Bible should dictate the laws of this country on a level of who can and can't receive legal recognition for their long-term relationship, you are pretty much a fundamentalist if only on that issue. I guess that might not be a popular opinion, but there it is.

Also, keep in mind that every time one of these things passes, more and more people wake up to how screwed up they are. We'll see if the ones up in November pass - I kinda suspect some actually won't this time around.

#70 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,896 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

You can deny it until your death but religion has always and will always be the spearhead of hatred.

IMO, religion is more the shaft than the spearhead, because it has been used by those in power to motivate the masses in one direction or another...

but that's just squabbling over details :P

#71 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Religion is a tool for hate, just as guns are a tool for murder. Those, predisposed to hate, will hate, regardless, just as those predisposed to murder will find a way to murder. Religion, and guns just make the respective evils, a whole lot easier.

#72 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Religion is a tool for hate, just as guns are a tool for murder. Those, predisposed to hate, will hate, regardless, just as those predisposed to murder will find a way to murder. Religion, and guns just make the respective evils, a whole lot easier.

You have a point but not really at the same time. Religion breeds hate, turns people into bigots. A person who collects guns can live next door to a person who collect knives and they'll live in harmony for their entire life. How long will two neighbors last who have different religions before the hatred is too much to hold back?

#73 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Who the hell are you to impose YOUR views on me?

#74 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

You have a point but not really at the same time. Religion breeds hate, turns people into bigots. A person who collects guns can live next door to a person who collect knives and they'll live in harmony for their entire life. How long will two neighbors last who have different religions before the hatred is too much to hold back?

Some of my best friends are Muslims; I have other close friends that are atheist, and even a couple of gays thrown in there for good measure. For lack of a better label, I could be called Protestant Christian, yet I have Mormons to the left of me and across the street, Catholics to the right of me, some more atheists just down the road, and we all get along just fine.

People, eventually, screw everything up, regardless of the given belief system.

#75 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Some of my best friends are Muslims; I have other close friends that are atheist, and even a couple of gays thrown in there for good measure. For lack of a better label, I could be called Protestant Christian, yet I have Mormons to the left of me and across the street, Catholics to the right of me, some more atheists just down the road, and we all get along just fine.

People, eventually, screw everything up, regardless of the given belief system.

And that is the problem, I have plenty of neighbors too but I do not label them by their religion or life style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com