Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yanks are beasting :)

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Nationals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yankees

Posted

woodylaugh.gif

No but serious the Nationals are a good story. I don't really care for the NL but it would be nice to see a David and Goliath WS.

Posted

Not sure if by that you meat Yankees are a much better team or just nats never having success vs a very storied franchise but..

Nats have much better pitching and a lineup that's woken up as of late. Nats are a better team right now. Yanks prob have a better lineup but if werth keeps it up and Desmond comes back strong... Watch out.

Posted

Nats do have a better record but the Yanks did sweep them back in June. Hopefully CC and A Rod will be back strong for the playoffs if not we're done in the ALCS regardless.

Posted

The marlins also swept the nats way back and obv were better than them.

Also I remember that series vs the yanks and we should have won one of those games that went into extra innings because the ump blew a big call in the 8th inning that would have given the nats the go ahead run. Tyler Moore was called out on a play at the plate and the replay showed he was clearly safe.

Posted

Nats do have a better record but the Yanks did sweep them back in June. Hopefully CC and A Rod will be back strong for the playoffs if not we're done in the ALCS regardless.

I think the Yanks can manage without ARod in the playoffs until the Series but not without CC.

Posted

Arod isn't hurting too bad, but CC is a huge hit to a team that isn't the best pitching wise. They can put up a lot of numbers, but they'll be going again good pitchers in the playoffs, that's really why I don't see them going far.

Posted

Arod isn't hurting too bad, but CC is a huge hit to a team that isn't the best pitching wise. They can put up a lot of numbers, but they'll be going again good pitchers in the playoffs, that's really why I don't see them going far.

This.

I know this seems absurd in today's scouting world, with all the advanced stats/etc, but doesn't it seem the Yankees focus way too much on win/losses? I just can't see any other reason they thought it would be a good idea to settle for a rotation consisting of guys like Phil Hughes/Ivan Nova/Garcia(although I know he was a backup plan).

Their pitching is absolute garbage outside of CC who let's face it, he'll be on the decline sooner rather than later.

Posted

Garcia pitched lights out tonight vs Texas btw

Posted

Garcia pitched lights out tonight vs Texas btw

And John lannan pitched great in his 2 spot starts this year for the nats.

Doesn't change the fact he's a mediocre mid 4s era pitcher.

Posted

Ichiro goes deep twice and New York beats Boston again.

Posted

:( falling apart. Its now a 3 team race for the east.