• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

When have you seen him in a vertical passing game like we have now ?

His limited sample size shows a good amount of long catches. That's all I really remember him doing was getting some long receptions that year.

#32 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

Jason Carter

yeah that's the guy.

also apparently he tore his ACL against washington in the '08 preseason so perhaps it wasn't a performance thing.

#33 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,053 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

The Tolbert signing basically means we're moving away from that

wrong

#34 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

wrong

We hardly used a fb last year. If he's going to see the field a lot this year I don't see how there will be room for a #2 TE.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

always see his name on the depth chart....never on the field....this guy is mr irrelavent...

You saw him as a back-up TE when we played Foxball. He is NOT a big, blocking TE. He is a pass catching TE. That is something that Fox never used nor valued.

In Chud's system, the TE is another receiving threat.

You CANNOT judge his ability as a pass catching TE by looking at his statistics while playing for Fox.

#36 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

We hardly used a fb last year. If he's going to see the field a lot this year I don't see how there will be room for a #2 TE.

You have to get outside of that box.

With Chud, you need to expect the unexpected. There is NO TELLING what types of formations we will see this season. Just let it happen and enjoy the ride.

#37 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

anyone else think that barnidge and olsen are very similar...
they are about the same size and they both run and catch in the same way

#38 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

maybe your right but he still hasn't done anything. so looking at his body of work leave me to conclusion that we could be fine with or without him.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

maybe your right but he still hasn't done anything. so looking at his body of work leave me to conclusion that we could be fine with or without him.

Not unless we signed another TE.

Chud's system last season utilized two good pass catching TE's. Unless he changes drastically, I would expect much of the same.

Therefore, a 2nd TE is a necessity....not a luxury.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Not unless we signed another TE.

Chud's system last season utilized two good pass catching TE's. Unless he changes drastically, I would expect much of the same.

Therefore, a 2nd TE is a necessity....not a luxury.

totally agreed.

now tolbert.....that's a luxury.

chud and the O will build on what they did last year. keep what worked and add new wrinkles (more pages in the playbook and a pass catching bowling ball).

#41 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'd like to see Barnidge get a fair shot at proving what he can do on the field. Will he be able to carry over what he's done during training camp into the regular season?

#42 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'd like to see Barnidge get a fair shot at proving what he can do on the field. Will he be able to carry over what he's done during training camp into the regular season?

i think he will. all he's needed is a coaching staff that knows how to use TEs as more than blockers and to be healthy. this year is his first chance at it. between him and tolbert we should have shockey's production more than made up for.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,792 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

he's like dwayne jarrett in a way, good enough to bring back every year just hasn't worked out yet. If he can't succeed with the guy who made gates a star then he just isn't cut out for the NFL. I think there is certainly potential there though.

I get what you mean (always hyped, has yet to show up) but I'd hesitate comparing him to Jarrett, Jarrett's problems were a result of his own lack of work ethic.

The Tolbert signing basically means we're moving away from that

Not necessarily.

A Coryell type system works best when you have a credible run game. Tolbert bolsters that.

#44 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

i think he will. all he's needed is a coaching staff that knows how to use TEs as more than blockers and to be healthy. this year is his first chance at it. between him and tolbert we should have shockey's production more than made up for.

Yeah, Chud's scheme should bring out the best in Barnidge and having Tolbert should take the edge off.

#45 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

I get what you mean (always hyped, has yet to show up) but I'd hesitate comparing him to Jarrett, Jarrett's problems were a result of his own lack of work ethic.

thank you for not immediately associating the comparison to Jarrett with something negative. I know it's a hot name but that's the best I can think of outside of Drew Carter, or maybe Jamal Robertson? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.