Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it time to give up on Jeff Otah?

78 posts in this topic

Posted

gave up on this guy 2 years ago.

I know Rivera wont stand for it. I am 100% positive he will never play a game for the Panthers again if he is not ready by training camp, with a new attitude.

Posted

I'm not suggesting that he wastes a roster spot. What I'm saying is that he should be given a chance to prove himself through OTA's and Preseason if he's still healthy. If we decide not to keep him at the end of the last Preseason game, we'd still have untill Wk 6 to trade him or cut him.

Its not like he has anything to prove except getting on the field. If he does that he is golden if he does not he should be cut. Also he has no trade value so thats gone.

Posted

is the name Otah nigerian for "giant walking vagina"?

Posted

He has to prove not only that he can get on the field, but that he can stay on the field. Also he has to learn the new offense and even fumbling Goodson had trade value, so I know Otah does.

Posted

Huddlers will vehemently defend Otah, right up until he gets cut. Then, all of the sudden, people will act like they knew from the start that he was a wasted effort.

Same thing happened with dwayne jarret (though he was lazy, not injury prone), and will happen to Armanti as well. The only time this doesnt happen is when one guy completely sucks and another guy comes in and does much better at that position (Clausen to Cam)

It's not that it is the same people changing their minds, it is that posters will post in threads and reply to other posts they feel are relevant to their opinions.

Posted

If his ass actually plays the o line should be chaos for opponents d line...Amini, Kalil, Otah, Gross look at that line up

Posted

There are very few knowledgable and rational posteres left.

There were few to begin with. And quite a few of the smart ones rarely make serious posts.

Posted

Is Otah still on the team?

Posted

Is Otah still on the team?

Who?

1 person likes this

Posted

He's making every effort to heal. If he does, we will see some stellar games, he is a definite motor grader. If his knee stays inflamed, his play time will be limited. Otah's in good hands. I hope his genetics let him heal.

Posted

I'm not sure why we make weekly posts about Otah, Carolina is in a perfect situation with the dude. If he doesn't perform, we are done with him at the end of the season. If he performs outstanding, we trade him because you never dude who only performs well in his contract year, and get some value for him in a trade or let another team buy him outright. And for whatever reason you don't believe that Bell can't improve, which I guess means that Cam can't improve either.

Posted

I'm not sure why we make weekly posts about Otah, Carolina is in a perfect situation with the dude. If he doesn't perform, we are done with him at the end of the season. If he performs outstanding, we trade him because you never dude who only performs well in his contract year, and get some value for him in a trade or let another team buy him outright. And for whatever reason you don't believe that Bell can't improve, which I guess means that Cam can't improve either.

This being his last season, how would we trade him if he plays outstanding? You suggest resigning him and hoping another team would trade for him?