#61 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

gave up on this guy 2 years ago.

I know Rivera wont stand for it. I am 100% positive he will never play a game for the Panthers again if he is not ready by training camp, with a new attitude.

#62 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm not suggesting that he wastes a roster spot. What I'm saying is that he should be given a chance to prove himself through OTA's and Preseason if he's still healthy. If we decide not to keep him at the end of the last Preseason game, we'd still have untill Wk 6 to trade him or cut him.

Its not like he has anything to prove except getting on the field. If he does that he is golden if he does not he should be cut. Also he has no trade value so thats gone.

#63 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

is the name Otah nigerian for "giant walking vagina"?

#64 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

He has to prove not only that he can get on the field, but that he can stay on the field. Also he has to learn the new offense and even fumbling Goodson had trade value, so I know Otah does.

#65 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Huddlers will vehemently defend Otah, right up until he gets cut. Then, all of the sudden, people will act like they knew from the start that he was a wasted effort.

Same thing happened with dwayne jarret (though he was lazy, not injury prone), and will happen to Armanti as well. The only time this doesnt happen is when one guy completely sucks and another guy comes in and does much better at that position (Clausen to Cam)

It's not that it is the same people changing their minds, it is that posters will post in threads and reply to other posts they feel are relevant to their opinions.

#66 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

If his ass actually plays the o line should be chaos for opponents d line...Amini, Kalil, Otah, Gross look at that line up

#67 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

There are very few knowledgable and rational posteres left.

There were few to begin with. And quite a few of the smart ones rarely make serious posts.

#68 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Is Otah still on the team?

#69 Wither

Wither

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Is Otah still on the team?

Who?

#70 Carolinaguy

Carolinaguy

Native Charlottean

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

He's making every effort to heal. If he does, we will see some stellar games, he is a definite motor grader. If his knee stays inflamed, his play time will be limited. Otah's in good hands. I hope his genetics let him heal.

#71 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

I'm not sure why we make weekly posts about Otah, Carolina is in a perfect situation with the dude. If he doesn't perform, we are done with him at the end of the season. If he performs outstanding, we trade him because you never dude who only performs well in his contract year, and get some value for him in a trade or let another team buy him outright. And for whatever reason you don't believe that Bell can't improve, which I guess means that Cam can't improve either.

#72 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

I'm not sure why we make weekly posts about Otah, Carolina is in a perfect situation with the dude. If he doesn't perform, we are done with him at the end of the season. If he performs outstanding, we trade him because you never dude who only performs well in his contract year, and get some value for him in a trade or let another team buy him outright. And for whatever reason you don't believe that Bell can't improve, which I guess means that Cam can't improve either.

This being his last season, how would we trade him if he plays outstanding? You suggest resigning him and hoping another team would trade for him?

#73 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,954 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Do you understand the concept of Free Agency. As chef17 stated, if we don't re-sign him HE WALKS. There will be no trading of Otah, unless we sign him to a big contract and then trade him....which is highly, highly unlikely.

#74 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Ok, my bad, I misunderstood, but either way if he performs well this year. I would still get rid of him. There is no way I would sign him to a big contract if I was Carolina. I've seen it in too many sports, where the athlete, who is not performing up to his potential, has one great season at the end of his contract, the local team and several others offer up big dollars, the player goes to the highest bidder and sucks for the rest of his career.

#75 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

If he doesn't practice in training camp we will likely cut him to save the salary given we won't be resigning him to another contract. Chances are we are giving him every opportunity to be ready for camp right now. Hopefully he is cutting weight and working out so he is ready. If he can't get motivated in a contract year, he can't be motivated, period........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.