SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,970 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

http://m.newser.com/...-is-unfair.html

Suck it up and be a man Vilma, you piece of sh*t Saint. He cries more than the lame ass Taint fans. Eat sh*t New Orleans.

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

don't lie to the man.

#3 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

#4 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,270 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

too freaking funny. What the hell did he expect?

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Tidbit from Florio about evidence presented by the NFL (link)

A slide prepared by Williams to illustrate “assessing the opponent.”

This slide features an image of the reality television character “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” and includes the phrase “Now its time to do our job…collect bounty$$$!” along with “No apologies! Let’s go Hunting!”

Ummmm, yeah. Well...I'm sure he only meant that as a joke, right? :unsure:

The Players Association response?

The NFLPA document refers to it as “a poorly chosen and ironic example to use but life plays havoc on us at times.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, from here on out anytime I get caught doing something I shouldn't, my defense is going to be "Life plays havoc on us at times.”

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Seriously...

Two things I see here...

1) The NFL isn't releasing evidence like they should... don't know why.

2) The NFLPA and the players involved are playing coy and acting innocent but not protesting really anything but the fact that the NFL hasn't released the evidence... they did it, they know they did it... Gregg Williams, dirtbag that he is admitted it, and now they're just playing this game.

Why isn't Payton protesting his suspension? Hmmm... Loomis isn't either... Hmmmm...

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

Realistically speaking, the NFL could release everything they have, plus video of Jonathan Vilma's $10,000 dollar offer and recordings of Gregg Williams discussing specific bounties, and this bunch would still say they weren't convinced.

Their defense strategy essentially boils down to this...

#8 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,444 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Didn't the NFL say they would release all the evidence after the players appeals process is over?

I don't really understand why they don't just get it over with now and put the nail in this coffin. I'm so sick of hearing these idiots proclaim innocence.

#9 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

I think our old buddy Darin Gantt might have uncovered the real reason Vilma walked out (link)

Exhibit 10 might be the the closest thing to a smoking gun among the nearly 200 pages presented, showing a ledger from the “Minny game” which shows Jonathan Vilma and Charles Grant apparently collecting $10,000 each, and assistant head coach Joe Vitt apparently contributing $5,000 to the “QB out pool.”

It's a common tactic. You know they've got you and you can't really answer back, so you duck out and act indignant at the whole process just to try and save your public face.

There are at least some indications that the others see the writing on the wall and are ready to just "take their medicine" but not Vilma, who at this point is really coming off like a total POS.

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Seriously...

Two things I see here...

1) The NFL isn't releasing evidence like they should... don't know why.

2) The NFLPA and the players involved are playing coy and acting innocent but not protesting really anything but the fact that the NFL hasn't released the evidence... they did it, they know they did it... Gregg Williams, dirtbag that he is admitted it, and now they're just playing this game.

Why isn't Payton protesting his suspension? Hmmm... Loomis isn't either... Hmmmm...

Payton and Loomis have years and years left. Vilma was on his last leg. Makes sense.

#11 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,906 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

@AdamSchefter

NFL showed slides from Saints* computers on 1/7/11,saying: "Now's the time to do our jobs, collect bounty $. No apologies. Let's go hunting."

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

The slide in question...

Attached File  Bounty Slide.jpg   138.37KB   76 downloads

All 200 pages of the evidence presented today can be downloaded in PDF form here (NFLPA) and a pretty good summary article from Saints* reporter Jeff Duncan can be found here (NOLA.com).

Excerpt:

The evidence the NFL used in its hearings with Saints* players in the bounty probe and released today by the NFL Players Association is pretty damning for the Saints*, who in recent weeks have vociferously denied a bounty program existed with the team.

You'd have to be pretty naïve - or a blindly devoted fan -- to not believe a program existed after reviewing the evidence in its entirety.

It's clear from the evidence presented today - and remember the league is believed to have even more in its possession -- the Saints* had a pay-for-performance and pay-for-injury program administered by coaches and conducted by players.

And, please, don't get derailed by semantics here. All that matters to the NFL is the existence of a pay-for-performance and/or pay-for-injury program.

The NFL doesn't have to have proof of bounty money being paid to a defensive player for intentionally injuring an opponent, or for knocking an opponent out of a game, whether intentional or not. The NFL has to show that a bounty was offered. They don't have to prove anything more.

So all of this reviewing of game tape to see if players injured opponents or delivered cheap shots is a waste of time. It's irrelevant.

Like conspiracy to commit robbery, all that's required for a person to be considered guilty is for those involved to know of the planand to take some action toward its completion. The robbery itself need not be committed.
In this case, the existence of a bounty program administered by coaches and condoned by team officials is a major violation of league rules.

Kind of fascinating to see something from the internal workings of an NFL team, even if it's the Saints* :unsure:

Man, were they ever idiots to keep records on this stuff :lol:

#13 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,970 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ha! No wonder Wilma stormed out of there. Suck on that Saint bandwagoners.

Breezing2anotherevidencefilledhearing

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Ha! No wonder Wilma stormed out of there. Suck on that Saint bandwagoners.

Breezing2anotherevidencefilledhearing

What Vilma probably liked even less is that there are several pages with player names, how much they were paid for "whacks" and "cart offs" and such in specific games and/or how much they paid into the pot as well as records on who had and hadn't "paid their dues".

Vilma's name is indeed listed, and more than once.

One of the other things you can get out of looking at the PowerPoint slides for defensive meetings is that Gregg Williams is a totally sick-in-the-head bastard (though I doubt that'll shock anyone in this forum). I seriously think the man needs some professional help.

#15 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

While we're at it, there's this for your amusement: Saints* Report - Payton's Wiki Page

They're concerned that Wikipedia may not be fairly representing how innocent and unsullied Sean Payton should have been in the midst of this horrible miscarriage of justice :rolleyes:

I've had to curtail my reading over there for fear I'll start losing brain cells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com