Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Whiny ass Vilma storms out of appeal hearing like a lil' be-atch

41 posts in this topic

@AdamSchefter

NFL showed slides from Saints* computers on 1/7/11,saying: "Now's the time to do our jobs, collect bounty $. No apologies. Let's go hunting."

The slide in question...

post-202-0-92456900-1340057015_thumb.jpg

All 200 pages of the evidence presented today can be downloaded in PDF form here (NFLPA) and a pretty good summary article from Saints* reporter Jeff Duncan can be found here (NOLA.com).

Excerpt:

The evidence the NFL used in its hearings with Saints* players in the bounty probe and released today by the NFL Players Association is pretty damning for the Saints*, who in recent weeks have vociferously denied a bounty program existed with the team.

You'd have to be pretty naïve - or a blindly devoted fan -- to not believe a program existed after reviewing the evidence in its entirety.

It's clear from the evidence presented today - and remember the league is believed to have even more in its possession -- the Saints* had a pay-for-performance and pay-for-injury program administered by coaches and conducted by players.

And, please, don't get derailed by semantics here. All that matters to the NFL is the existence of a pay-for-performance and/or pay-for-injury program.

The NFL doesn't have to have proof of bounty money being paid to a defensive player for intentionally injuring an opponent, or for knocking an opponent out of a game, whether intentional or not. The NFL has to show that a bounty was offered. They don't have to prove anything more.

So all of this reviewing of game tape to see if players injured opponents or delivered cheap shots is a waste of time. It's irrelevant.

Like conspiracy to commit robbery, all that's required for a person to be considered guilty is for those involved to know of the planand to take some action toward its completion. The robbery itself need not be committed.

In this case, the existence of a bounty program administered by coaches and condoned by team officials is a major violation of league rules.

Kind of fascinating to see something from the internal workings of an NFL team, even if it's the Saints* :unsure:

Man, were they ever idiots to keep records on this stuff :lol:

Ha! No wonder Wilma stormed out of there. Suck on that Saint bandwagoners.

Breezing2anotherevidencefilledhearing

Ha! No wonder Wilma stormed out of there. Suck on that Saint bandwagoners.

Breezing2anotherevidencefilledhearing

What Vilma probably liked even less is that there are several pages with player names, how much they were paid for "whacks" and "cart offs" and such in specific games and/or how much they paid into the pot as well as records on who had and hadn't "paid their dues".

Vilma's name is indeed listed, and more than once.

One of the other things you can get out of looking at the PowerPoint slides for defensive meetings is that Gregg Williams is a totally sick-in-the-head bastard (though I doubt that'll shock anyone in this forum). I seriously think the man needs some professional help.

While we're at it, there's this for your amusement: Saints* Report - Payton's Wiki Page

They're concerned that Wikipedia may not be fairly representing how innocent and unsullied Sean Payton should have been in the midst of this horrible miscarriage of justice :rolleyes:

I've had to curtail my reading over there for fear I'll start losing brain cells.

Wow.. That rally for sean payton went so well that they have stooped to manipulating facts on wikipedia to make themselves feel better lol.

fug Vlima and the Aints and their bandwagon fans.....can you imagine how fun that this home opener game is gonna be??!

September can NOT get here fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Payton and Loomis have years and years left. Vilma was on his last leg. Makes sense.

True, good point... I guess he doesn't have that much to lose by denying it... But when the NFL finally comes out with indisputable proof, which they really already have, he'll just look like more of an ass than he does already.

This just gets better and better. The Commish also has Hargrove on film screaming 'Pay me, bitch' to a couple of Saints* coaches, after he injured a Giants player. Mike McCray(sp.) is also on tape telling Joe Vitt 'I want my money, he's done' after Farve was injured in '09 play-offs.

Yeah the NFL definitely has evidence... I just don't get their motives behind the way they're doing this...